[9] instagram famous

some relevant Zane headcanons:

-he's 6"1'
-he wears brown contacts (to protect his identity)
-he's ~human~

also, this chapter is a little bit long so enjoy-

~~~

Nya sat at the table silently, ignoring the nervous glances cast between her parents. She tapped her fingers on the table, focusing on a dent in the wall. 

"So any new lovers we need to know about?" Maya asked, her tone sincere.

Nya shrugged, "I mean, Kai's kinda got a thing going on. Not my business to tell."

It was quiet. Nya was practically inhaling her breakfast so she could get out of the house before her parents could begin to lecture her. They didn't even know about Skylor - let alone the fact that their son just got outed publicly last night. 

She saw her father opening her mouth, and hurriedly stood up from the table, "Speaking of which, where is Kai?" 

Nya hesitated. "He left early this morning."

"Oh," Maya said, "I didn't hear him. Did he know we were home?"

"Doubt it." Nya shrugged again.

Her short tone signified the end of the conversation, grabbing a water bottle from the kitchen and slipping out the front door, not bothering to say goodbye to her parents. 

It's not like she didn't like her parents, she just felt like they could do a little better. They had always walked out on her and Kai and then showed up a couple of weeks later, acting as if nothing had happened. 

Nya didn't even know what they did when they disappeared like that. She started her car, driving in the opposite direction of the school, toward Cole's house.

Cole opened the door, his purple hair wild, giving Nya a half-hearted smile as he let her into his apartment. She glanced around the house gesturing to what she presumed was Cole's bedroom.

Cole nodded, "asleep," he whispered, "don't think he'd really... want to go to school anyway."

"I'm not going to school either," Nya said quietly, leaning against Cole's kitchen bench, "since I'm basically revealed. I've been thinking that we could log into the Insta account and say we got hacked."

"I guess that's our only option at the moment," Cole paused, "do you... know the password?"

Nya groaned, smacking her forehead, "right, of course, the only person who knows the password is Jay. The one who coincidentally managed to get us into this mess in the first place."

Cole's expression softened, placing a hand on Nya's, "I'm not saying what he did was right, but he has every right to be upset. I mean, I did reveal my identity to you guys and not him," Cole sighed, "but if he did know who I was he'd never want to talk to me again."

Nya suppressed a small smile, "the whole Cole/Jay and Earth/Lightning dynamic really throws me off, y'know."

Cole laughed quietly, before pulling on his jacket and running a hand through his hair, wincing at his reflection in the fridge. Nya frowned, folding her arms, "where are you going?"

Cole looked at her incredulously, "...school?"

"Why?" Nya hissed, grabbing his arm. "You're Kai's best friend, you don't think people are going to be a bit suspicious of you."

"They're going to be more suspicious if I don't show up to school," Cole reasoned, already halfway out the door, and you need to call a team meeting - Jay included. He needs to somehow convince the others that Kai is a friend of his from school and he decided to pull a prank on him."