Prologue

The sky mottled with stars in the pink-violet background, with the moderate sunlight bathing upon our skin. The tides are calm, and so are our hearts. With the sound of each passing wave on the shoreline, I hear a few beats from my heart. It is just serene and tranquil, as if we are in a Trans, a universe without any worries, any sufferings. Only good. The good things. 

"Hey" A lovely girl beside me whispered to me while we are enjoying the sunset together at the beach. "What's your favourite word?" A gust of wind blew her hair towards me, tickling me a little. She giggled as she pulled her long hair away from my youthful face. I pondered over for a little while with the tides and sand as my company. "Maybe... stars?" I replied with a nonchalant smile on my face. We were speechless for a moment before I continued. "Stars. Definitely stars." I smiled as I look at the sparkling stars on the sky. 

I pointed at one that looks like a human figure. "Look!" I called out with my squeaky voice. She giggled as she held my hands tightly. "It really looks like a person! Like my dad!" She squeaked. "No... it looks like you!" I started poking her as a joke. She started laughing and returning my pokes. We poked each other in the dark, with only the sound of waves comforting us. We continued laughing, telling each other to stop until we both rolled over on one another. I have never had so much fun in my life. "Hey." She poked me again on the arm. "Will you be here tomorrow...? Chris?"

I look at her tiny hands to see a blue book checkered with white vertical and horizontal patterns. I took it and kept it close to my heart. I see her doing the same with a pink coloured one. The tides reached our feet before pulling back. Her long hair disrupted her view from me. That is when I answered. "Yes."

***

"Slide!! Down!!" Bella cheered as she stood on top of the slide, wanting to try out a new type of sliding down to the ground. "Bella, I bought us ice cre—... Bella!" She cried as she fails her backflip and landed on the hard solid ground. I dropped the ice creams on the sand as I rushed over to her. "Are you okay? Do you want me to call your parents?" I asked in my shrill voice. "No!! No! Me! Pain!" She continued crying.

I took out a piece of tissue paper as I slowly wipe the sand and dust from her wound. "I don't know if this is how you do it." I said it. "When I go to the doctor's every time, they would do it like this!" I said it with a smile. She continued crying. "And they give me candies too!" I squeaked as I pat her head. "The wound is okay. I think!" I jumped around because the thought of saving someone from a distress is cool.

"Do... do they have candies?" She asked while sobbing a little. "Yes yes! All types!" I said as I mounted myself on the slide. "Really! Yay yay!" She jumped around, ignoring the pain on her knee. "Hey" She interrupted me when I was about to slide down. "Will you be here tomorrow?"

"What do you mean?" I asked curiously as I slid down safely and landed on the soft carpet. "Here." She took out something from her pockets. It is a blue book checkered with white patterns. I ran to her and looked at the book on her hands curiously. "Will you be here tomorrow?" She asked again. I slowly took it from her hands and examined it. I see that she has one on her other pocket as well. That is when I answered. "No."