Chapter Twenty Six

Andy

"Carol... I love you." My voice reverberated in the school gym. We are the only ones in the gym but this gym feels different with the atmosphere. It feels like I could peel off the wall and there would be nothing... just the void. "Andy... I... I lo—" Carol slowly disappeared into petals of flowers. A gust of wind blew away those petals and now I am alone in the gym. "Carol?" I whispered to myself as I extended my hands to where Carol's body was.

"Behind you. Andy" I slowly turned behind to a familiar voice calling me. It's Shane. "What are you..." My mouth was agape as Carol materialized from the petals of flower beside Shane. "She's not yours. She never loved you" Shane held Carol's hands tightly. "She's mine" The two words echoed in the gym and eventually it is ingrained in my brain. The two words just kept repeating in my mind with the intensity of the volume getting louder and louder every second. I put both my hands on my head, trying to stop the painful sensation.

"No!" I shouted as I woke up from my hotel bed shirtless. I am sweating profusely even in a cold weather like this. I look at my bed and I could see a big pool of sweat. "You alright bro?" Max jumped up from his bed when he hears me shout. I could not stop panting with the nightmare that I have just had. "Yeah... yeah. I am good" I gave him a thumbs up sign and proceed to exhale and inhale quickly.

"You don't look fine. Want me to call your personal nurse?" Kyle made fun of me while swiping on his phone on the ground. "No... I..." I pinched my forehead with my thumb and my forefinger, hoping the pain would go away. "I am fine, just a nightmare." I replied as I took a quick sip of cold water that I took out from the fridge. "You sure? She's just oppos—" Kyle was about to say something that could jeopardize my trip here, so I immediately covered his mouth with my hands. "MmmhH! MmmH!" I looked at him sternly and shook my head. Max looked at us. "Damn you guys into choking? Count me out" I cringed at him as I let go my hand from Kyle's mouth.

"What's the time now?" I said as I put on my grey sweater. I am planning to go out tonight, maybe I could meet Carol for a little while. "It's 7:15 p.m" Kyle yawn as he said that. "You going somewhere?" Max asked as he sees me putting on my watch and grooming my hair. "He is going to meet his Juliet tonight, and have a fun night." Kyle told Max. "If you know what I mean" They both laughed. "Bro buy a condom just in case" I looked at the both of them and showed my middle finger.

"I am out" I said while turning the doorknob to exit. I sighed as I look at the door opposite of me. They should be out by now, no point waiting for her. As I was about to go to the elevator, the doorknob turned. I could hear multiple feminine voices behind the door. The voices got louder as the door slowly opens. "Carol, don't forget this!" I saw some movements behind and some voices. "And this as well! Just in case your cleavage shows. But you don't have one so no worries" I must say that I blushed a little after hearing that.

The door is fully opened. I could see Carol stopping as she is surprised to see me. Her facial expressions changed immediately from exhausted to lively. I smiled at her. "Oh! The boyfriend! The boyfriend!" Madeleine pointed at me. "The boyfriend who?" Another girl came out to see me. It's Gwen. "Oh my, such a young and handsome man." Gwen inhaled deeply as she covers her mouth with her hands. "I am sure you guys... want some privacy?" Gwen smiled a little as she is unsure what to do.

"No Gwen! Don't you remember! We have an Out Girls Nights or whatever you call that" Madeleine kept a few piece of papers which I assume is her lyrics into her bag before walking behind Carol. "It's Girl's Nights Out! And of course, we can't have boys getting into our party, how forgetful am I!" Gwen crossed her arms as she came in between me and Carol. "State your business or you can't have her tonight" Gwen said sternly to me. I laughed a little. "I uhh... just wanted to say hi."

"Hi?" Gwen's eyes dilated. "Hi is the best you could do!? Are you really her boyfriend?" Carol smiled at me and was about to burst out into laughter. "Come on, show me your man power." Gwen flexed her arms but there was nothing but skin and bones. "What's the commotion here? Why is it so noisy?" The doorknob behind me turned and Max poked his head out. He immediately went back inside the room as he sees Carol with her amazing attire. "Is that... Is that the Juliet?" I could hear Max's voice behind the door. "Damn, she's one hell of a Juliet." I almost burst into laughter before Gwen flexed her other arm.

I took Gwen's wrists and placed it on the wall behind her. Her mouth was instantly agape. I put my face close to hers but not too close because I know Carol would be jealous. "I am taking her with me tonight. For a walk in the park." I whispered into Gwen's ears and I could see her dissolving from all my sudden movements. She nodded her head slightly as I let go of her wrists and looked at Carol. I approached her as Gwen is still petrified at what just happened.

I cleared my throat when I was in front of Carol. "Would you go for a walk with me in the park?" I smiled at her as I bowed a little while extended out my hands for her to hold. She hesitated a bit with a pout but eventually smiled at me and nodded slowly. She took my hands and I kissed it immediately. "Thank you." I smiled as we both went to the elevator. "Did you... did you just see... what happened?" Gwen trembled as she finds the wall for support.

"Yeah, it was lovely I guess?" Madeleine exclaimed as she came out of the door. "No no no... I mean..." Gwen gulped. "That boy is a real seducer. Wow, he almost hypnotised me with his gaze." Gwen took a deep breath before continuing. "Okay so... it's only the both of us tonight." Madeleine starts singing. "I don't mind. Let's go!" Gwen and Madeleine went down the staircase. "Exercise! Burn fat!" The two girls shouted as they descended the staircase.

"Andy... I... I miss you" Carol holds my hand tighter as if this is the last time we would be holding hands. "I miss you too Carol. A lot" I smiled at her as we both intertwined our hands in the elevator. "So... uhm... I thought you were gone because it is already 7:15p.m but I am glad I decided to wait for a while." I laughed a little as the elevator slowly descended to the ground floor. "Let's just say that I was forced to be late. Gwen wants me to try all kinds of attire that she brought." Carol says as she fixes her white knee length skirt and her grey long sleeve top.

"I am glad she did... because you look lovely tonight" I smiled at her. I can see that she is blushing. "Thank... thank you." She cleared her throat as we reached the ground floor. "So... I thought it was not going to be a date?" She grinned at me as we walked to the lobby. "It's not. It's just a walk." I grinned back at her as I held the door for her to go outside the hotel.

"A walk...? With that attire?" She burst out into a cute laugh as she looks at me from top to bottom. I am wearing a grey sweater with black jeans and a black leather shoe. "You will see soon Carol. It's my favourite park. I feel comfortable wearing this whenever I go there." Carol looked surprised when I said that. "You mean... it's not your first time going to the park?" She asked me as I guided her to the zebra crossing across the road.

"Nope." I smiled at her. "I have been here a lot of times. Sometimes I would go to that special park to think things through. Some days, when I need to find some answers, I would go there and I would somehow magically get it in my brain the next day." I said it genuinely to Carol because that park is the only memory I have when I was small. It means a lot to me. "That's really cool. I cant wait to see it" She laughed a little as we walked past the stadium into another zebra crossing to a more secluded area.

"So... what are you planning to do to me tonight... apart from walking together?" Carol asked me. I laughed a little as we are about to reach the park. "Well, if I told you now then all the surprise will be over. It wouldn't be fun" I smiled at her. "So... you ARE planning to do something to me tonight" She gives me her cute laugh again. "Maybe, and maybe not. You will see" I grinned at her as we reach the entrance of the park.

I let go of her hands and went behind her as I closed both her eyes with my hands. "Hey, what are you doing?" She laughed as she tries to remove my hands. "Trust me. You will love it." She stopped resisting and continued laughing as I directed her towards the most beautiful part of the park. "Are we done?" She asks. "Just a bit more Carol. Just a few more steps" I made sure to close her eyes tightly because this surprise is going to be big.

"Alright." We stopped abruptly. "So... what's so special about this?" Carol asks with her eyes still closed. "I can't describe. You have to see it for yourself Carol." I laughed a little as she nodded her head. "So... you ready?" I asked her. "Yes, I am ready." I slowly put away my hands and wait for her reaction as she sees what is in front of her.