!37.

The first time I had sex with Ares is such a long time ago I can hardly remember it. That's a lie. I perfectly know how it went down - it was pure lust clashing with impulse, it was body parts tangled before we even knew what we were doing. It was a triumph fuck.

Being with Heath will be entirely different. It won't be impulsive, as everything is minutely planned out, and it won't be out of lust but out of sheer necessity. The kind where my husband seals our bond. 

Knowing only a handful of entrances that all lead to the forgery, I enter the now cleaned up space. I guess I thought he would leave his stuff lying out and about. His life is different from mine - he has to work and he's good at what he does. I just roam the planet. I highly respect what he does and I envy his view of the world.

I walk around, touching what I see, from crude materials to weapons - although maybe I shouldn't. 

I feel his body heat before anything else. A hand moves my hair away from my face and whips it over my shoulder before a pair of lips find the spot behind my ear. Automatically I lean the other way, lending access. I close my eyes and concentrate on the feeling of his lips and the short stubble on his chin. He smells nice, surprisingly.

As Hephaestus kisses my neck, his left hand moves up my side and grazes my breast before cupping it. Just the feeling of his rising yearning against my backside arouses me. Letting out a sigh I push myself against him. His right hand finds the slit of my dress and ventures under the fabric, leaving a trail of goosebumps over my thigh. I automatically open my legs for him. 

Moaning softly, I find his cheek and pull his face closer so I can kiss him. With the kiss he turns me around and pulls me closer. He grabs me by the thighs and pulls me up. I can't help but think this is not easy for him and I don't want to hurt his leg.

'Don't worry,' he groans before carrying me to his palace chambers. The rooms are lit with dozens of candles. It's very romantic, but also very… prepared. I let out a sigh.

'I'm sorry,' I begin saying, slowly freeing myself from his embrace. He smiles.

'It's fine. I learn something new every time.' This is so awkward. I usually don't do awkward. It shouldn't be awkward. I scratch the back of my head and look around. The rooms are drowning in romance. I really love that he went through so much trouble, that he really wanted to make it special - but I'm not a virgin. I haven't been for more than a thousand years and he can't treat me like I am. He pulls me closer and kisses my neck, slowly trailing his lips higher to my ear.

I cock my head so he can reach better, enjoying the feeling in an endearing way - when he lets go again.

'Let's play a game. I do love a good game.' I really don't.

'What kind of game?' 

He pulls his shirt over his head, uncovering his tattooed chest. I study him without an ounce of shame.

'Go on,' he says. 'I know you don't mind naked. For this game I need to see all of you and you may see all of me.' Pouting I quirk a brow, but I comply. Slowly I loosen my dress before letting it fall around my feet. That was easy. I'm not wearing anything underneath. He shoots me a crooked smile as he unbuttons his trousers and gets out of them, his eyes never leaving mine. My own scour his body, from his developed chest and shoulders to his abs to the shadow of dark curls encircling his cock, and his legs. There's the tattoo on his chest and theres a second one I missed last time, on the inside of his other bicep. 

'You're intense,' he murmurs. 'Like a star at the end of its life. So bright, so dangerous, yet so compelling.' I smile at him as I feel a blush spreading across my face. Hardly anyone ever makes me blush. His lips curl up in a smile. He knows.