!17.

I mourn my loss roaming his world instead of my own. I always thought I'd want to go back home as soon as possible once we had to say goodbye, but I really want to stay with him. I know my heartbreak isn't real and I will see him again - against all rules - but I mourn his death anyway. Sixteen Autumns and sixteen Winters with that boy would I have with that stupid boy before nature would play its course. It isn't fair. If only he would have listened to me!

I end my evening in the bar where we danced. Orpheus is busy as ever; hot, sweaty bodies grinding against each other. Dancing with the shadow of Adonis' soul, I move to the music, ignoring the person who is standing too close to me. I don't remember everything that happens, but at some point I've turned around toward him. His hands are all over me, he is mumbling profanities into my ear. I've been drinking way too much already to even care.

In a stupid drunken daze I go home with the man that's been feeling me up. When we get to his place, I can see he is no ordinary shepherd. Anchises opens the door for me and I stumble inside.

'Do you want something to drink?' Tripping over my feet I already begin loosening my dress. I shake my head no. I don't want a drink, I came for something else entirely. He looks at me with a too familiar darkened gaze when I step out of my dress, wearing nothing at all underneath. He comes closer to me, reaching out to touch me. I let him, but I avert my eyes as to not look at him.

He directs me toward a grand bedroom, with an amazing four poster bed in the middle. He follows me in and closes the door before slapping me hard on my butt cheek. I walk away from him backwards, never leaving him out of my sight. He traces every step of mine with one of his until we reach the bed.

'I want you to touch her,' he commands, pushing me on the bed. From behind the curtain of the bed a dark-haired already naked woman comes out, looking at me with lust in her eyes. I gather I'm not their first evening guest. I get on my knees and collect my hair to one side. 

'Come here,' I tell her, and she kneels on the bed. We kiss, and the only thing I can think about is the way Adonis kissed me. My kisses become more desperate, trying to push him from my mind. I push her further on the bed and tease her with my fingers before attacking her with my mouth, swallowing the sweetness she has to give me while she screams in pleasure. I never take my eyes off Anchises, who stands leaning back against the wall while he is touching himself. He is rather large, his hand is moving up and down his cock. I smile at him with my eyes, and he slowly comes up to the bed. 

'Do you like to watch?' I ask him, while my fingers replace my tongue, playing the petite brunette squirming under my touch. He smirks and grabs my hair, pulling me closer to him. He moves my head toward his cock and I already open my mouth for him before he can ask or command anything. He groans and moans in pleasure while my tongue and lips move up and down his shaft.

'On your hands and knees, please.'

I do as he says, hollowing my back for him. 

'I'm going to fuck you so good,' he rumbles. He isn't gentle and there is nothing about his ways that remind me of Adonis. He fucks me like there is no tomorrow, thrusting and pumping until he fills me completely. When he pulls out, I let myself fall on my back and watch him for a minute. He isn't attractive, he isn't interesting and he isn't even funny. But everything about this night was cathartic and it was exactly what I needed. Something that was empty. Something that physically hurt.

'Fuck,' he says, leaning in and trying to kiss me. I avert my face and let him kiss my cheek - nothing more. He repulses me. 'I never did a number on a goddess, let alone the goddess of Sex.'

'You can't boast about it,' I warn him. 'This was a private pleasure. Bad things may happen if you start bragging.' He huffs.

'Bad things? Like what? I'm a prince!'

'Like what?' I repeat, staring at him in disbelief. 'You could invoke the anger of Ares, Zeus and Poseidon, my prince.' I cock my head to the side in mocking him, and he huffs again.

'Well, can I at least write about it in my journal? If I'm already dead it doesn't matter who knows - and everyone may know on my account!' I shrug and get up to collect my clothes, which are scattered on the floor.

'By all means, write about it to yourself.' It's time to go home. And by home I mean the cabin I've been avoiding for days.

'You can stay here if you want,' he says and for a second - no more than a second - I entertain the thought of staying here and not having to go back. 'We could play again tonight.' There it is. Bile rises up my throat.

'No thanks, I should head home.'

***
A/N

Anchises is actually one of Aphrodite's lovers before the Trojan War. He is the father of Aeneas, who fights in this war and will later on reach Italy, where his offspring will found Rome. However, I needed his story now to continue mine :-)