𝘿𝙍𝙀𝘼𝙈𝙎

(LOCATION: THE CAMERON'S)

XAVIER opened the door of the vehicle for val and escorted her off. there were a few business men outside the plantation. they were also guests. there were lights leading up to the front door. xavier walked up with her as their father greeted the men. wheezie watched from the window above. wearing a pearl necklace with a blue poco dotted dress.

"uh- wheezie the dinner's downstairs." rose came up to her to fix her curled hair to the side. "there. try to keep it that way, please." she finishes.

val walked into the house it was so bright inside. most of the guests were wearing tuxedos along with other classy dressings. she wasn't expecting such a small crowd. there was just enough space for the dining table.

the cameron's stood in the center. ward cameron came up to hug and greet their father.

val searched for rafe with her eyes. he was standing right there staring right at her along with everybody else. there were two boys, one to his left, and another to his right shoulder. he walked up on his own getting a little closer to sarah in the middle.

"xavier." he introduces himself and looks to val. she was distracted finally meeting eyes with rafe. sarah glanced at both and put it together in her head. wheezie looked at sarah afterwards.

"you must be valentina." ward acts as if they didn't meet before.

"I normally go by val." she says in smile, returning her focus. and gives him a firm handshake. she only ever started telling people to call her that because rafe did once upon a time. people usually referred to her as her full name or second name. she shortened it on purpose. it became her new preference.

"since everybody has arrived, we'll begin to dine in twenty." ward announces. he walks away with castiel to catch up with him.

val glances at xavier who's saying hello to sarah. she moved away from the entrance to go blend in with the crowd even though it was hard because of what she wore. rafe wasn't easy to spot anymore.

"hello beautiful." topper tells her. she turns around thinking it's rafe.

"oh. you aren't who I was expecting." she says. "but you look quite dapper yourself."

"really?" he asks her. she pulls his tie gently brushing off a piece of crumb. he glances at her while she does.

"that's better." she smiles and eyes him.

"I'm topper." he introduces himself. thinking about love at first sight.

"unusual." she let's out and walks away from him. she sees kenny her old friend standing by the dining table.

"I didn't think I'd ever see you again." she looks her down and up.

"leave me alone if you're here to gloat." kenny reacts, rolling her eyes.

"if you're talking to me I suggest you look me in eyes when you do." val says laughing and unsatisfied.

"what do you want me to say val? you publicly humiliated me to prove a point. now, back off before you ruin another deal." she looked her right in the eyes. val slaps her across her face.

"what's going on here?" topper walks in on them.

"kenny needed a makeup blend." val scoffs. and walks away to join xavier who was standing hungry by the wall waiting on the minutes to be over to finally dine.

"find your prince yet?" he asks her.

"kenny's here." she avoids his question and lets him know.

"not true. then you would've caused a scene. and you haven't. so, it didn't go that far." he thinks about it out loud.

"you surprised?" she asks him.

"that you finally calmed yourself, yes." he admits.

"hey val." sarah greets her.

"sarah cameron." she smiles.