𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙍𝙈

SARAH calls val feeling bad for not backing her up at the beach

SARAH calls val feeling bad for not backing her up at the beach. she ignores the calls. sitting next to rafe, behind a couch, on the ground. looking out for him. passing him water to chug down. taking care of him. a part of her felt stupid but she was loyal. even if he fucked up. she stayed to see him at his worst. bad or good she was all in from the start. val kept a straight face and didn't say a word to him while she sat. she remained thinking about everything. ideas of how she was going to get back at people. but more about why shouldn't just get up any second. what was holding her back? so many thoughts just flowed through her head. she looked ahead on purpose. rafe noticed it and just kept quiet. he didn't want to bother her. say something he'll later regret.

sarah calls again and val doesn't respond. she doesn't even look at her phone. xavier then calls and it's the same.

it gets darker and darker outside.

they're still sitting down side to side.

more calls pass. the same vibration.

she presses her head against his shoulder and places her hand on his knee and he puts his on top. still not speaking to each other.

they start slowly closing their eyes.

the night completely happens.

val headed home the moment she woke. seeing rafe asleep on the ground. she double checked there wasn't any more stashes around and dipped. making him a little note on the mirror with her lipstick. leaving a red heart.

xavier was sitting outside their house on an old swing sofa, smoking early in the morning.

"where have you been?" xavier asks her.

"god give me a break x." she rolls her eyes.

"I called you like fifty times." he jumps off the swing and follows her in. "i was going out of my mind." he lets out.

"see this is what I don't understand. why do you care? why does anyone care? it's so much work." she says as she makes her way to her room.

"because they do. it's living, you stop caring there's no point. but it depends, not caring can also mean doing freaky things because you're fearless and you no longer care to be shy."

"xavier. do you remember what i told you yesterday?" she asks him.

"some of it." he answers. "and then you drove off."

"i found him with kenny and cocaine." she glances at him and tells out.

"what the fuck, val. he's the guy in the corner of the picture?" xavier asks her.

"i blurred and cropped him a bit." she replies. "i couldn't alright? expose him. you looking at me, the way you are, is the last thing I wanted." she says out loud. "he'd lose any chance at the cameron business. I had to."

"he's a crackhead. you deserve more than that." he judges.

"i deserve you?" she asks him.

"so what, if I said my name? I'm better than him." he says confident.

"ugh. you're so annoying." she tells him and shuts her bedroom door shutting him out. "you don't get it." she tells herself. she thinks about rafe. he's stuck in her head.

rafe looks at the heart she left him and feels disappointed in himself. for how he treated her. for what he did. he thought only of her again. and nothing else.