𝙇𝙊𝙑𝙀𝙇𝙔

XAVIER came out before his father, he was having a brief conversation with the ward

XAVIER came out before his father, he was having a brief conversation with the ward. x looked out at rafe and val who had her hands wrapped around his neck. she was gazing at him, and lifted herself, giving him small lip kisses. as if they were a couple. he was being affectionate back. she thought it was adorable. both their skins were dim at light. their touches made them feel some type of way, specifically, safe.

they paused at acknowledging each other's, precious existence, once the noise came nearer.

"val. we're leaving." xavier told her.

"i can see that." she copied his comment from earlier at the house. "no need to repeat." she glanced back at rafe. and whispered in his ear. while making eye contact with xavier. he was feeling resentful and sour. wishing it was him instead of rafe.

val planned to meet up with him tomorrow. knowing her father, he would stick around for a little longer.

"don't do this to me, val." rafe said impatient.

"won't be long now." she detached herself from him all smiley and walked towards their ride. he checked her as she did. xavier and her father also joined.

"careful there. you don't want to get involved with her, rafe." ward warns him.

"dad, what are you talking about?" he asks him.

"one bad slip this all goes to waste. this deal is very important for future references. you mess with the velez there's nothing left. find someone else to bother." ward pat his back.

"to bother?" rafe asks him. "is that what I do, bother people. if my presence is that much unwanted, then dad—maybe I should go.." he let out, his voice fading, hurt by his words.

a surprised face grew on the ward after giving it a thought. "that'd be a nice change." he nodded.

"okay then, if that's what you want. and dad—that's what you want, right?" rafe asked to make sure he was hearing correctly.

"rose is asking for you inside!" sarah interrupts them to call the ward in. he glares at rafe and hurries towards the open door.

"did you have fun with val?" sarah asks him.

"what do you care? are you like the messenger?" rafe questions  her back.

"no dumbo. it's a simple question. even a quick look would've answered." she rolls her eyes in reply and walks away to say goodbye to other guests. he blinks in reaction.

"yeah, she's uh- everything I ever wanted." he says out loud, to himself.

xavier gives val the silent treatment in the car.

"he's such a good kisser." she tells him.

"that's great val." he says annoyed.

"what's the matter? can't you just be happy for me?" she asks him, her eyes staring right at him.

"and i am, any guy would be lucky to have you." he responds looking back at her.

"aw, you really think so?" she asks him.

"it doesn't matter what I think. your own thought is what counts. your confidence makes people stick around the same way it gives you strength, and it's appealing." he says says lightly. she looks his way and hears him out.

"anything happen between you and sarah?" she asks changing the subject.

"sarah cameron." he says her name. thinking about her. trying to get val out of his head.