CHAPTER 29

Four years, I've been banished for four whole years away from my sons. I wonder how they look like now. Funny how a mother doesn't even know how her sons look like. I can't believe Ahmed has the heart to keep me away from my sons for so long.

The doors were opened harshly almost falling off their hinges making me jump and look behind me to see Malin standing there with a huge grin on her face.

"What is it, Malin?" I asked the woman standing in front of me. She took a deep breath to calm her panting down from all the running she had to do.

"He's here," she said excitedly. I raised my eyebrow at her. I walked over to my couch and sitting down on it.

"Who's here?" I asked her. She just stood there grinning.

"His majesty" my heart stopped at his mention. I hate him so much but I still love him so much. I can't explain the feelings that hit me like a train. It felt like someone dumped a bucket full of ice water over me then as a fire started inside of me.

"Oh" I looked down at my hands. I wanted to see him yet at the same time I wanted to punch him so badly and never see his face ever again.

"MAKE WAY HIS MAJESTY SULTAN AHMED KHAN HAS ARRIVED"

I stood up and bowed looking down not sure if my reaction seeing him after so long.

"Jawhara" my heart couldn't help but flutter at the sound of his voice saying my name again.

I looked up at him with an emotionless face after I composed myself. I could see that he was taken aback by my coldness as he was expecting to be welcomed with open arms and a wide smile.

"Your majesty" I could see he almost flinched at the icy tone my voice held.

"How have you been?" He asked walking a little closer looking around at the room.

"I've been like any mother separated from her children" I answered back. He looked at me with a raised eyebrow as a small pout started to form on his lips.

" miserable," I said coldly. This time he flinched closing his eyes.

"Look Jawhara after you left I had another favorite her name was Jamila and she gave me a daughter, Atike, but a while back she died but before dying, she told me that all of the incidents were planned by her to get to me," he said walking closer to me.

I saw that coming and immediately backed away. Nothing and I mean nothing will justify what he did.

"Why are you backing away from me?" He asked sadly reaching for my hands but I pulled away from him.

"Because you left me here to rot away from my sons!! If it wasn't for our girls I would've gone crazy!!" I yelled letting out the build-up anger inside of me.

"I-" he started but stopped himself

"I-" he started but stopped himself. He sat down on the couch running his hand down his face in defeat.

"How are they?" I asked. I couldn't wait anymore this is very hard.

"They perfect and waiting for you back home," he said looking up at me with a kind smile expecting for me to return it which I didn't. I nodded and walked out to tell the girls to start packing.

I'm no time I was in a carriage almost bouncing in excitement to see my boys again. It took us a two-day drive to get there, I almost ran into the castle and straight to the room I was told they were in it. I ran in to finally see them, my beautiful boys. I couldn't stand anymore and fell on my knees as they ran over to me.

"MOM!" Kasim yelled

"MOM!" Kasim yelled. He may not remember me a lot being only two when I was taken but he seemed to still be as excited.

"My lovelies" I cried hugging them close to me. I smelled Kasim's hair as tears left my eyes falling onto their kaftans.

"Osman" I gasped in shock when I saw how grown up he looked now.

"Mother," he said with a soft smile. I pulled him in for a hug crying in his shoulder. My boy was so big and I wasn't there for it.

I pulled away putting my hands on his cheeks holding him like that for a moment

I pulled away putting my hands on his cheeks holding him like that for a moment. He placed his hands on my cheeks and wiped my tears away. I turned around to see my Mehmed, I barely recognized him.

"Welcome back mother," he said almost shyly. I ran over to him pulling him in a tight hug burying my face in his neck trying to smell his scent.

"My boy" I pulled looking over him trying to drink him in

"My boy" I pulled looking over him trying to drink him in. It felt like I gave birth to them just yesterday yet here there are all grown up and taller than me.

"Last time I saw you, you two were shorter than me" I voiced making them chuckle looking down shyly.

"I missed you mommy" Beyazid who I'm sure doesn't even remember how I look like said. I kneeled down to his level pulling him in for the tightest hug yet.

"Ibrahim come here love" I pulled the other boy to join our hug.

"I've missed you so much" I mumbled kissing the side of his head rocking us back and forth.

"Have you seen our new sister?" Osman asked making me look up at him with a small smile.

"No, but I can do that later. I want to spend some time with my boys" I sat on the couch opening my arms letting them all swarm me.

Orhan, Murad, and Kasim were fighting over who gets to sit closer to me but in no time we all settled down hugging each other tightly.

Unknown to us was that Ahmed stood behind the door watching us with guilt-filled eyes almost teary at the sight of his family back together. Those eyes held love, pain and a secret, a very dangerous secret.