10- potions & boggarts

potions & boggarts

potions & boggarts

{1993}

The dungeons

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚

Everything had taken a turn for the better for Alula. Draco had left the infirmary on Thursday, just in time for double potions- Gryffindors and Slytherins. He still had a large bandage and, now, also a sling. To the discomfort of both Harry and Ron, Snape had placed Draco with them so they could 'help' him. Alula, meanwhile, had sat with Hermione and Neville.

"How is it Draco?" Pansy asked in an annoying voice. "Does it hurt?"

"Pansy, you asked him two minutes ago. Unless someone's been obliviating you, then you should know." Alula said, fed up with the Slytherin girl. She heard the giggles of Gryffindors. Draco looked at her in amusement, she knew he was also fed up.

"Settle down, settle down." Professor Snape said, idly.

Today, the class were making a Shrinking Solution. Draco had been forcing Harry and Ron to cut all his ingredients, it made Alula laugh. Ron was butchering her cousin's daisy roots.

"Professor." Drawled Draco. "Weasley's mutilating my roots, sir." He was having too much fun with this and that was evident from the smirk he gave his cousin to which she raised her eyebrows at.

Snape approached their table, stared at the table and then gave Ron an unpleasant smile before staring at the Weasley's perfectly sliced roots.

"Weasley, change roots with Malfoy."

"But, sir-" Ron went to argue.

"Now!" Snape sneered in a dangerous voice.

As Alula continued her own potion, she noticed how Harry was trying to be precise in everything he was doing. He looked up at her. She smiled and went back to her ingredients hearing her cousin force Harry to skin his Shrivelfig. Draco had seen the look between his cousin and Potter, he was not happy.

"Seen your pal Hagrid lately?" Draco asked quietly. For a moment, Alula thought he cared.

"None of your business," Ron said jerkily.

"I'm afraid he won't be a teacher much longer," Draco said, mockingly. What had he said and done? "Father's not very happy about my injury-"

"Keep talking, Malfoy, and I'll give you a real injury." Ron sneered.

"Ron!" Alula threatened in a hushed tone. He looked at her annoyed.

"-he's complained to the school governors. And to the Ministry of Magic. Father's got a lot of influence-"

"We know, Draco." Alula sighed, unimpressed. "I'm sure Uncle Lucius has emphasised- I mean expressed- concern."

"So, that's why you're putting it on," Harry commented about her cousin's arm. He wasn't wrong, Draco had been faking some of the pain. "You're trying to get Hagrid sacked."