16- christmas

christmas

christmas

{1993}

Gryffindor Tower

✧・゚: ✧・゚:    :・゚✧:・

Hogwarts was covered in magnificent Christmas decorations. Thick streamers of holly and mistletoe were strung along the corridors, mysterious lights shone from inside every suit of armour, and the Great Hall was filled with its usual twelve Christmas trees, glittering with golden stars. A powerful and delicious smell of cooking pervaded the corridors, and by Christmas Eve, it had grown so strong that Alula had seen Scabbers peek his head out at the smell.

On Christmas morning, Alula was woken by Hermione throwing a pillow at her.

"Merry Christmas, Al!" Hermione cheerfully said.

"Merry Christmas," Alula replied getting up and going to get dressed.

The girl changed from her pyjamas into some black legging and a large red woollen jumper. The two girls then made their way down to the common room where Harry and Ron sat opening presents. 'Merry Christmas' was shared between the four Gryffindors.

Alula began opening her presents. Narcissa had gifted a small gold ring with a black gemstone, a 'B' was carved in the stone and filled with gold leaf. It came with a note that read...

Dearest Alula, Merry Christmas. I had access to the Black family vault and found this. It is small and quaint, but a reminder of family who will always be there for you. With love, Aunt Cissy.

She received a soft, grey scarf, the size that you could wrap around yourself like a blanket from Madame and Monsieur Delacour. Fleur and Gabbie had given a joint present- a perfume that smelt like the roses at Beauxbatons. There was also a parcel from Draco, inside was a leather-bound book with 'A.N.B' indented on the cover below a little lion. He had written a note on the inside cover.

La, for the times you need to speak your mind and don't actually want to offend anyone. You're a little lion who isn't afraid to roar. Love, Dray.

"Another sweater from Mum... maroon again... see if you've got one," Ron said.

He had pulled out a maroon sweater with a yellow 'R' on the front. Alula noticed how Harry had received a similar gift, but his was scarlet.

"Mrs Weasley likes her handmade gifts," Hermione said, leaning over to Alula.

"What's that?" said Ron, pointing at an untouched parcel, a freshly unwrapped pair of maroon socks in his hand.

"Dunno..."

Harry ripped the parcel open and gasped as a magnificent, gleaming broomstick rolled out onto the common room floor. Ron dropped his socks and jumped off the sofa for a closer look.