6- magical shopping

magical shopping

magical shopping

{1993}

Diagon Alley

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

The street was busy with parents and children who, Alula presumed, were buying their Hogwarts supplies. Narcissa had just taken Alula to Madame Malkin's shop where 'robes for all occasions' were sold. The Hogwarts uniform was very different from Beauxbatons, but Alula agreed that it was more comfortable. She had been handed a variety of clothes in small sizes- Madame Malkin had told Alula that she was very petite. Pleated, knee-length skirts and long socks; white shirts and a dark grey v-shaped collar jumper. Alula was handed a black tie and robes which started to change as she held them. The tie had formed stripes of red and a golden yellow while the robes gained a crest in similar colours. Looking closer at the emblem, the girl noticed that a lion was roaring.

"Oh, I expected a Slytherin, Narcissa," Madame Malkin had said surprised. "You must be proud of your daughter, though." The aunt and niece laughed.

"She's my niece and goddaughter."

"Alula Black, nice to meet you." The girl smiled as she outstretched her hand. Madame Malkin did not take it, instead, she stepped back almost in fear.

Narcissa understood what had happened and placed Alula's uniform in a bag. Placing some money on the counter, she put a hand on her niece's shoulder.

"Come, Alula. We have other shops to visit. Thank you for your help, Madame Malkin."

The girl's aunt led her out of the shop. Alula had known what had happened, her surname had upset the woman. She was tied to a mass murderer. She looked up to her godmother as she received a look that asked if she was okay.

"I'm fine, Aunt Cissy," Alula started. "I wished people saw me as more than a murderer's daughter. Maybe I should change my name." Narcissa looked at the sad child who would have to face so much hate.

"You are a strong, young girl, Alula. I will admit, you can be like your father with his humour, but like your mother too. You don't need to change your name- embrace it. You are the last Black child and no one should make you feel bad about that. It's your family. We, me and Draco, will always be here. I promise." Alula smiled at what her aunt had told her. "Now, you go on over to Ollivander's and I will get your books, quills and cauldron. That should give us enough time to then meet Draco outside Fortescue's, okay?"

Alula nodded to her aunt and watched her walk off. As Alula approached Ollivander's she noticed how old the shop looked. There was a poster of her father below a sign that read 'Makers of Fine Wands since 382 B.C'. The Black girl looked away quickly and walked into the shop.

Everything felt dusty, even the air. This shop was very different from Cosme Acajor's wand shop in France. There, wands were kept in triangle boxes of bright purples and oranges, but here there were shelves and shelves of boring brown boxes. As Alula looked around she didn't see the man staring at her from behind the counter.