12- visits & vandals

visits & vandals

visits & vandals

{1993}

Courtyard

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚

Every third year and the older students were standing outside in the courtyard. Professor McGonagall attempted to order them into a line but was failing at the task. Alula was standing with the trio. She hadn't planned to go, rather, she was going to ask Dumbledore about Alchemy lessons.

"No permission form. No visiting the Village. That's the rule, Potter." McGonagall was stern towards Harry, yet something in her eyes looked like the professor felt bad for the boy. The teacher looked towards Alula. "Miss Black, I have your form. Are you joining us?"

"Not today, Professor. I have other things to be doing." She replied politely.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚

Gryffindor Common Room

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚

"Why aren't you in Hogsmeade?" Harry asked Alula as he entered the common room. She motioned towards several sheets of parchment in front of her.

"I like to make sure that everything is done and done right."

"But you're smart. It's going to be better than anything me or Ron could do."

"It's not about being better," Alula explained. "It's about understanding."

"What's the difference?" Harry asked, becoming curious about what the girl had to say.

"Say you knew every spell. It would be pretty cool, but if you didn't understand what any of them meant then it would be pretty useless." Harry nodded.

"Like how you think you know someone when actually you've never spoken?" He meant Alula and how he judged her.

"Yeah, I guess." As Alula finished a small brown owl landing on the table after coming through the open window. She took the letter and read it.

Dear Miss Black,

I would be delighted to talk to you. I am free at the moment and I must say, I do love Coconut Ice.

A.P.W.B.D

"Everything okay?" Harry asked, looking down at the letter in her hands.

"I'm going to go see Dumbledore," Alula stated. "I'm sorry to leave you."

"It's okay. I was going to wander around the castle."