10

I woke up and walked into josephs room. He was already up grabbing his school bag. He really was like his dad he had on some sweats, and a hoodie, with a beanie on his head. I chuckled and he turned and looked at me.

"goodmorning mom" He walked over and hugged me

"goodmorning, do you want me to make you breakfast?"

"no i can make my own food" he walked passed me, downstairs

I walked behind him into the kitchen. He was grabbing a box of cereal from the cabinet, then milk from the fridge. I watched him as he made his own cereal, and sat on the table, and start to eat it.

"your growing up fast.. you know that?" i sat in front of him

"so?" he looked at me

"Hey, watch the attitude"

"sorry" he mumbled eating the rest of his food

"so how you feeling about school, any new friends?"

"i don't need friends" he put his bowl in the sink

"why?"

"because you said daddy was strong when he was alone, so i will be too"

"baby, you don't always have to be alone"

"stop calling me baby its joseph polibio" he crossed his arms over his chest

"damn alright"

"how come i can't say bad words?"

"because your only 8"

"so?"

"joseph what has gotten into you? why are you acting like this?"

"because i wanna be like daddy"

I sighed and grabbed my keys "lets go"

We got in my car and i drove him to school. We finally arrived and i parked the car.

"have a good day"

"ok, bye" he got out and closed the door

He walked inside, and i drove off. I got back to my house and walked inside. I walked inside josephs room, and cleaned up again for the 5th time this week. I was cleaning until, something caught my eye. I looked under his bed and saw a small box, i sat it on his bed and opened it.

There was a bunch of candy in it, but something was off. The candy only filled the top of the box, not all of it. I pulled all the candy out and saw a piece of cardboard with a hole in it. I pulled out the piece of cardboard and my mouth dropped open. There was a stack of cash and a picture of mattia.. one i've never seen before.

He was holding a gun to his side.. with joseph next to him..

"what the hell" i mumbled

I put all the stuff back and walked out his room. I got in my room, and grabbed my phone, dialing mattias number. I can't believe i was doing this after 8 years..

It rung for a minute then someone picked up

"hello?" a raspy voice said

"mattia?"

"who's this?"

"y/n.."

"princess.. what do you want?"

"have you been seeing joseph?"

"why do i have to answer that?"

I could feel his smirk from across the phone

"mattia i'm not fucking around have you been seeing joseph without my permission?!"

"why do i need permission from you, im the one who made him"

"well im the one who carried him around for 9 months and spent 22 hours of pain and suffering birthing him, thats why"

"hm, point proven"

"mattia answer me"

"Mm~ you know your sexy when your angry"

"mattia cut the bullshit"

"fuck you make me horny, princess"

"i swear to god mattia i just came to ask you one simple question-"

"so what if i have been seeing joseph are you going to make me stop seeing him?"

"maybe"

"you know i miss you.. and your attitude"

"mhm so?"

"let me pick you up, and we'll fix it together"

"bye mattia"

"bye babygirl"

I rolled my eyes and hung up the phone. I grabbed my keys, and got in my car and headed to pick up joseph early. He walked outside, and got in the car looking at me confused.

"why are you picking me up early?" he asked

"i talked to your dad today"

He went silent and didn't say anything.

"have you been seeing him secretly behind my back?" i looked at him

"he said he misses you" he mumbled

"Joseph you can't go sneaking around without me knowing, when do you leave?"

"at night.. when your sleep"

"your not seeing him anymore joseph"

"WHY" he yelled

"because your dad is dangerous"

"GOD MOM YOUR SUCH A BITCH" he yelled

"DON'T SPEAK TO ME LIKE THAT" i looked at him

"why.. why do i have to stop seeing dad?! is it because hes a criminal, yea i you left that part out of the story"

"joseph-"

"no fuck this im leaving" he hopped out the car and ran

I got out and ran after him. He ran behind the school into the forest. I ran into the forest, and tripped over some type of rock. I groaned and got up, rubbing my elbow.

"JOSEPH" I yelled looking around

"MOM HELP" He yelled

I ran following his voice. I got to a river and looked around.

"don't move" someone said holding up a gun to my head

I put my hands up and they led me to a truck. He pushed me in and closed the door.

"mom" joseph ran over and checked on me

"hey are you ok" i got up and looked at him

"yea.. im fine" he hugged me

"im sorry, i should've never ran away this wouldn't have happened" he started to cry

"no its ok joseph.. don't blame yourself"

"are we gonna die?" he asked

"no.. no we're not"

"is daddy gonna save us?"

"your dad doesn't even know we're here"

He sighed and sat down "we have to be brave mom.. we can't show weakness just like how dad tells me"

"i know.. just like what your dad says"