21

Alvaro had just dropped me off at home. I walked upstairs and threw my purse on my bed. I looked around, then fell on my knees crying. My life was so fucked up I didn't even know how to process it all. My son hates me, my ex still loves me, but... It's complicated. I sobbed gripping my hair, stressed out.

I felt arms wrap around me, and pull me into their chest.

"Shh princess it's ok" He ran his hands through my hair

I looked up at Mattia, and he cupped my face, wiping my tears with his thumb. He picked me up and laid us on the bed.

"What's wrong baby" Mattia whispered

"Everything my whole life i-.. I just can't anymore Mattia it's so hard, and complicated" I cried

"You're strong y/n life can get hard sometimes, and we have to fight it. If you need anything you know I'm here.. I'll always be here" He hugged me

There was silence for a while until mattia got up.

"I should head out I'll leave you alone" he started to walkout

"Wait- no" I looked at him

He looked back at me in confusion

"Can you stay the night... please"

He didn't say anything for a second, then walked over to me. He took off his shoes, and shirt, then got in the bed. I took off my clothes, leaving me in my underwear and bra, and got in the bed with him.

laid on top of him, and he wrapped his arms around my waist. I snuggled my head in between his neck.

"Goodnight" mattia whispered

"Goodnight mattia"

Next day

I woke up without mattia cuddling me anymore. I frowned and got up. I looked through my phone, and saw today was May 16th, Mattias' birthday. I put on my robe and walked downstairs, to see mattia cooking. Joseph was right next to them and they both had aprons on cooking.

"Dad look I made frosting" Joseph smile, and showed him the bowl

"You did a good job, now lets put it on the cake, he said, picking him up

Joseph put the frosting on the cake, and mattia dipped his finger in and put it on his nose. Joseph laughed and did the same to mattia.

"Dad?"

"Yes?"

"Are we a family now all of us me you and mom are happy now?"

He put joseph down and got on his knee holding his hands.

"Listen to joseph me and your mom.. I-.. i don't think we're going to work out"

"What about later?"

"Joseph listen not everybody gets a happy ending me and your mom, we're not like cinderella and prince charming"

"But I thought you guys loved each other" he pouted

"I love your mom very much, but I can't maker her love me back you just gotta get used to it"

Joseph sighed "Ok dad.. I understand" You could hear the sadness and disappointment in the voice

"Good, now let's finish this cake" he kissed his forehead and stood up

I waited for a couple of minutes, then walked in.

"Hey, guys what's going on?" I asked

"Oh um well today's my birthday, so why not spend it with my family" mattia smiled