Chapter Three - Discussing the future

Evelyn was going to need to have the hardest talk she ever had to have with her business.  She tried to wrap around her head the conversation she would have to have with her team.  William massaged her shoulders as he had just woken up and was stirring her tea.

"You gonna be okay?  Need me there for support?" He asked sincerely as he held her hand.

"I'll be okay," she smiled at her fiancé.  "This is something that I need to do by myself but thank you for asking."

"You're my girl.  I'll always support you."

She walked closer toward him and kissed him, nudging their noses together after their kiss.  

"I love you," she murmured as she held the back of his neck, resting her forehead against his.

"I love you too.  I hope it goes well today.  Call me as soon as you get done, okay?  I'll even have your favourite meal waiting for you at home."

At that comment Evelyn's blue eyes lit up and it brought a smile to the young prince's face.

"Pizza and breadsticks?"

"Mhmm," he agreed as he rubbed the sides of her hips gently, soothingly.  "And we can watch all of your favourite rom-coms you want."

"Okay, now I really love you," she told him as she laughed.  "I have to go now," she pouted as she glanced at the time.

"S'all right," he squeezed her hips.  "I'll see you later, yeah?"

"Yeah," she nodded her head and gave him one last kiss before grabbing her things and leaving.

*

Evelyn had everyone's favourite Starbucks drink waiting for them at the office when they arrived along with a small meal or dessert from Starbucks as well.  They had all known that she was engaged now to the prince and had wished the happy their congratulations, though they were unsure of what would happen to the company and their jobs after they married.

They were meeting in the conference room that they met in whenever they were doing launches.  Normally they made it loads of fun with snacks, her polaroid camera and music as they spent hours in here.  

But today was different.

She wasn't sure how her coworkers would handle the news she was about to tell them.  If she were being honest, she wouldn't blame them at all if they weren't happy for her after all this.

"Thanks for meeting me here today, everyone," Evelyn greeted her coworkers and they all had stiff smiles as they had taken their Starbucks drink and snack from the table and were now seated.  "I'm sure since I've gotten engaged you all were wondering what the future of this company will be like and what will happen to your jobs.  Before discussing the future, I want to thank each and every one of you for your hard work and dedication over the years.  I honestly don't know where my company would have been if I didn't have each and every one of you.  We made some amazing memories along the way with our first launch to collaborating with Disney to create a Cinderella collection and all of the fall and winter limited edition collections had to be some of my favourite work we have ever done.  All of your inspiration, creativity and work ethic really shined through out the years which is why it would be such a shame to see Eve Bennett & Co. go away completely as well as this team.  Which is why if you all would introduce the new CEO - Mary-Kate Hart," Evelyn said.  

Some gasps were heard due to the shock but once they got over it they all clapped for their dear friend.  Happy for Mary-Kate that this was now her time to shine.