• thirty four •

Y/n's POV:

"Alright this gel is going to be cold but let's take a look at the little one." The doctor smiled, squirting some gel on Harleys baby bump, using the wand to rub it around.

I leaned down and kissed Harleys forehead, squeezing her hand as we waited with anticipation to hear what the doctor had to say.

"Well this is a surprise." The doctor laughed lightly.

"Is the baby okay? What's wrong?" I rushed out, feeling Harley grip my hand in panic.

"The babies are fine, perfectly healthy." The OB grinned.

"Wait, babies?" Harley asked to make sure she heard correctly.

"Yep. You're having twins!"

The floor swayed under me and the last thing I remember is hearing Harley call out my name before everything went black.

[...]

I groaned, fluttering my eyes open softly and looking around the hospital room I was in. I sat up a little further and relaxed instantly when I seen Harley lying in the bed next to me.

"Hey." I husked.

Harley softly caressed my cheek, her eyes swimming with worry, "You fainted, pumpkin."

"The good news is that your blood work came back normal so there's nothing to worry about. Your body probably felt overwhelmed and shocked that it had to shut down for a moment."

I nodded at the doctors words, seeing an IV in my arm which she removed.

"I wanted to find out the sex of the baby, well, babies now," she giggled, "Do you want to be surprised or do you want to know?"

"You don't know?" I asked her.

Harley shook her head, "I wanted to find out with you, silly."

"Then sure, even though I'll still love them both the same no matter their gender."

The OB nodded with a smile, "You're having a boy and and a girl! Congratulations!"

Harley sniffled, stuffing her face in my neck and cried tears of joy. I smiled, tears streaming down my face before I kissed her passionately.

"Here's your updated ultrasound picture and I'll have the nurse come give you the release forms and you'll be free to go."

"Thank you, Doctor." I smiled warmly.

[...]

"We should have a date night." Harley grinned, wrapping her arms around the back of my neck as she straddled my lap.

My hands fell to her thighs as I muted the flatscreen mounted on our bedroom wall.

"We haven't gone on a date in awhile." I hummed.

"I know. And now that we're having twins, we're not going to have very many." Harley sighed.

I nodded, rubbing her thighs softly, my heart swelling with love for this woman.

"I love you." I mumbled.

"I love you too, pumpkin." Harley kissed my lips and rested her head on my shoulder.

"I'll run a bath and light some candles, then I can cook us some dinner if you want." I suggested.

"that sounds perfect."

I kissed her cheek before standing up, Harley koala hugging my body as I walked into the bathroom connected to our room. I set her on the counter and turned the water on, grabbing some clothes for both of us and making sure I grabbed one of my hoodies that Harley loved so much.