• forty •

"⚠️⚠️" start of smut "✅✅" the end •

Y/n's POV:

"you're not getting cold feet are you Wayne?" Sasha nudged me and I chuckled breathlessly, looking at myself in my wedding attire, ready to be married to an incredible woman.

"Never." I grinned softly, trying not to run my fingers through my hair and mess it up.

"how is she?" I asked turning around to face my friend.

Sasha smiled warmly, "Nervous, but in love. She's ready and she looks gorgeous."

I smiled shyly picturing Harley in her wedding dress, a wide grin on her face while she told everyone we were getting married. I didn't tell my father I was marrying her, because I didn't want to hear his shit opinion. He probably wouldn't have even shown up if I did invite him. This was mine and Harley's day and I didn't want to taint it with negativity.

"Are you ready?" Sasha asked softly and I straightened my posture.

I nodded loosely, "Sometimes I marvel things and it hits me that this is my life. I'm getting married to the love of my life today, and we're going to fuck up Gotham and raise three amazing kids together."

"yeah, you got it good." Sasha nudged me playfully.

"yeah." I laughed breathlessly, "and I know I do."

"I'm sure your dad sends his congratulations."

I rolled my eyes, "I didn't want him here."

"I know." She hummed, "But I'm sure there's a small part of him that's happy for you." She kissed my cheek before I followed her out of the room, getting ready to stand at the alter and wait for Harley to walk down the isle.

I wonder how she felt about her parents not being at her wedding, she didn't really talk about them much but she told me it's because she didn't need to, that she already processed that trauma. I admire how strong she is.

The music started and I instantly felt tears spring in my eyes when Harley came around the corner, escorted by Floyd. Floyd was on the verge of tears and Harley looked like she wanted to run down the rest of isle and to me.

When she was up here, we took hands and I noticed the tears now falling down her face. She beamed at me, her pearly teeth shining. The priest said his lines and soon it was time for both Harley and I to say our vows.

"Shot buyer, y/n, ember, pumpkin, I love you. I didn't expect to fall head over heels in love with you, and while I may not be the best at romance, I promise to love you till the end of my life. I promise to always be there for you and our children. You're my life line, y/n. Thank you for loving me past my flaws and my insecurities, for loving me past the person everyone thinks I am. Thank you for saving me." Harley said her vows passionately, fresh tears streaming down her face while she squeezed my hands.

I smiled fondly, clearing my throat since it was my turn to say my vows.

"I didn't expect to fall in love with you either, but the more I spent time with you, the more I began to see who you really are. You're crazy, and you have your days where you just want to stay in bed, but despite everything, there isn't a single thing I would change about you. I love you as Harley Quinn and I love you as Harleen Quinzel. You say you're far from perfect, but I think you already are. I promise to love and cherish you and our kids, to always be with you and protect you."