𝗶𝗶. 𝘁𝗿𝘂𝘁𝗵 𝗼𝗿 𝗱𝗮𝗿𝗲

╔════════════════╗
texting and real life
╚════════════════╝

╔════════════════╗texting and real life╚════════════════╝

I SAT DOWN and stared at my phone in confusion. why would jaden hossler flirt with me if he was publicly with madison lewis, especially she used to be my best friend.

when i had entered the world of social media, she was the first person to show me the ropes and then she just left me alone. she focused her time on jaden and made other friends.

it was so stupid but i just felt like i had been abandoned and i could never forget that feeling. she only tried reaching out again when i started gaining more clout than her.

i tried not to hold a grudge but when the one person you think knows you the most goes off and just stabs your back, it's a little hard.. ding!

DIE FOR YOU:
CHAPTER TWO

jadenhossler wants to send you a message

accept or decline

what's good?

lol what

what?

aren't u dating mads

not anymore

oh shit, sorry

whatever lmao
it was toxic

but you loved her?

ofc i did wtf
that kind of love doesn't die
seen

I SWITCH TO spotify and picked a random playlist

I SWITCH TO spotify and picked a random playlist. i applied setting powder on my cheeks and forehead to set in the look i had done earlier. i took off the hat and grabbed a pair of baggy jeans and a tank top.

"avani, are we going yet?"

"coming!!" she replied, running down the stairs. she threw me the keys and we walked to the car. the sway house was throwing a party today.

the smell of weed and sweat was intoxicating to me. i reeled it in as the loud thumping of the house vibrated through the street. avani had already gone to anthony. i took a breath and walked in but bryce had stopped me.

"athena!" he shouted.

"hey bryce." we walked in the doors.

"they're playing truth or dare over there. i was wondering if you wanna join?" he asked.

"what are we, twelve?" i laughed.

"kind of. but do twelve year olds have tequila?" he dragged on the word tequila with a chuckle and we approached the group.

"hey guys." i smiled, taking a seat next to my sister. i looked around to see if he was there, he wasn't. thank lord. no need for an annoyed ex boyfriend of mine to ruin the night.

"athena! truth or dare?" chase asked.

"hit me." i challenged, smirking.

"have you ever crushed on anyone in the group and if so, who?"

"i swear this is middle school." i laughed.

"actually though."

"pass me a shot." a chorus of ooh's echoed throughout the room. i downed it quickly, the tangy feel of the alcohol slid down my throat like silk.

"jaden, truth or dare." i said, making him look away from bryce.

"hit me." he mimicked me from earlier making me laugh.

"jump in the pool."

"you're joking right?" he was shocked.

"jump in the pool." i repeated.

"i spent too much time on this outfit."

"then drink." i said. he downed the shot.

the night continued like this, us going back and forth. by the end of it, the only people left was a drunk jaden and a halfway sober me.

everyone had left and the boys had retreated to their own rooms. avani went with anthony. i didn't want anything to happen to jaden so i stayed with him on the couch as he slept, scrolling on instagram.

"athena?" jaden slurred, confused.

"hey, everyone left." i told him, shutting off my phone. i passed him the water bottle i had gotten earlier.

"why didn't you?" jaden asked after finishing the bottle of water.

"why didn't i what?" i said.

"why didn't you leave?" he replied.

"you were drunk and i didn't want anything to happen to you." i answered.

"i don't need a caretaker." he said bitterly, sitting up.

"well, i stayed anyway." i chuckled. he stared at me for a while. i furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. the truth was, i knew what he was going through. he got his heart broken and even though he's acting like everything was okay, i could tell that it wasn't. "um, you should get to bed."

"what about you?" he asked after a few moments. "you were drinking too."

"i'll get an uber or something and avani can take the car tomorrow." i smiled, standing up.

"it's three in the morning." he responded.

"ill sleep in my car then." i said.

"no, just stay with me."

"are you sure?"

"just follow me."