𝘅𝘅𝗶𝗶. 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗻𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝘄𝗲 𝗺𝗲𝘁

╔════════════════╗
athena pov
╚════════════════╝

╔════════════════╗athena pov╚════════════════╝

"where are we going?" i asked jaden, quietly.

"you'll see." he said, grabbing my hand and dragging me out of the car. we spent the whole day together just driving around. stopping in some places to eat, and we even stopped at a park at one point. we just talked. and talked.

"why are we so high up?!" i said nervously.

"this is one of the only places in los angeles that's not covered in smog." he answered.

"i love clear air but why do we need to not be in smog?" i laughed lowly.

"because, tonight, there's a comet flying over la." he smiled, looking up. i followed his eyes and saw a ball, full of light. "so, what do you think about it?"

"i think it's pretty sad." i frowned.

"why?"

"it's a ball full of ice and snow stuck on a path it can't escape, all by itself." i said. "it must get pretty lonely." there was a moment. a simple moment. i was holding onto someone that i loved, whilst looking at something beautiful.

"dance with me." he said out of the blue. i furrowed my eyebrows.

"what?" i laughed, thinking he was joking.

"dance with me, athena delilah gregg." he repeated smiling. he backed away from me, letting go of my hand. he bowed, making me chuckle, before putting out a hand.

"but there's no music?" i responded.

"take my damn hand." i nodded giggling. i grabbed his hand. he turned on his phone, and typed something in youtube. the night we met, lord huron. he twirled me, and dipped me. i gasped. he quickly brought me up and placed his hands on my lower back. i placed mine over his neck. he was stuck in thought for a moment before leaning his head into my neck and i leaned into his.

"i am not the only traveler." he sang along. his hot breath, sent shivers down my spine as it touched my cold skin. "who has not repaid his debt."

"jaden! look! hannah and clay are dancing." i watched, awwing. clay looked at the other couples who placed their hands on the girl's asses. clay shook his head and placed his hands around hannah's waist making me smile. "i want that." i smiled, hugging the pillow.

"me too." he replied, smiling. he was such a softie. "besides the girl dying." i rolled my eyes playfully and continued watching the show.

"i've been searching for a trail to follow, again." he continued.

"take me back to the night we met." i melted into his warm touch. i felt safe.

"and then i can tell myself, what the hell i'm supposed to do. and then i can tell myself, not to ride along with you." unlike the past few weeks, when i had felt nothing but worry and regret, i felt secure.

"i had all and then most of you, some and now none of you. take me back to the night we met." i felt secure. and it was in his arms. dancing.

"i don't know what i'm supposed to do, haunted by the ghost of you. take me back to the night we met."  it's funny how sometimes the person that can cause you the most pain can also be the person that heals that pain.

"when the night was full with terrors, and your eyes were filled with tears. when you had not touched me yet. take me back to the night we met." i loved him, and it was killing me.

"i had all and then most of you, some and now none of you. take me back to the night we met. i don't know what i'm supposed to do, haunted by the ghost of you." it was killing me because one question remained.

"take me back to the night we met." did he love me back?

" did he love me back?