Hopes

Tobias' pov

I am standing near the chasm walking home when I see Nat and Jay and loads of other friends she has made, I smile. then it fades when they walk into the tattoo parlour. Nat better not get a tattoo. I stay there for about a hour till they return one of her friends shouts out

"Hey Nat let's see I didn't see it" I watch jay walk over and Nat pull her sleeve down a bit revealing her shoulder.

"Wow Nat I didn't think you would actually do the dare and get a tattoo"

I smile at this because, I think about my first tattoo my dauntless flames and that I was dared to do it to get my first tattoo then the anger returns because I told her she wasn't aloud one till she was 17 and she is only 16, I watch smiling and laughing with her friends and the feeling ebbs away. I'm just glad she is brave enough. After a while they all leave and so do I.

I walk into the apartment to tris' angry look.

"Where have you been?" she demands

Shit we gunna have dinner tonight.

"Oh Tris I'm sorry I completely forgot, I saw Nat and well I should probably tell you that...." I trail of I don't know how she will react to that fact she got a tattoo.

"Well!" she says impatiently

"She got a tattoo"

"What! you let her get a tattoo" she shouts

"I couldn't do anything she was with her friends I think it was a dare or something, but I couldn't just be like hey I'm Nat's father and I don't approve of her getting a tattoo then drag her away" I yell back. She opens her mouth then closes it and walks towards the bathroom, but before she goes in she turns and says

"tonight was supposed to be special" and she walks into the bathroom and locks the door.

"Tris" I sigh through the door "I didn't mean to forget"

"I know" she says back through the door. after a few minutes silence i speak again

"Tris why was tonight supposed to be special?"

she unlocks the door and comes out.

"i was going to give you something, it was all supposed to be perfect and...."

"Tris what's going on. Are you all right"

"yes of course I'm all right, well kinda better than all right actually"

"Tris?"

"let me get you your present"

and she runs off to her bag leaving me utterly speechless

she comes back with a small box which had been neatly wrapped with gold paper and had a little bow on top. I raise my eyebrows at her as she hands me the gift.

"Tris I feel like I should be the one giving you the present since I forgot"

"just open the damn thing or I will"

"ok, ok" i slowly prise the lid of the box and my eyes go wide

"Tris" I breath "I thought, I mean...."

"i know me too"

I look down at the positive pregnancy test and smile so wide I am surprised that my face doesn't crack in two.

"Tris can we go to the drug store and get another test, you know to double check"

"We don't need to I already have"

my smile gets even wider if that is possible.

Just after Nat was born we were told that we were very lucky to have had even one child because of something to do with the fertility in me and Tris and having a second child was near to impossible, but we never gave up hope, we kept trying for a another child. We gave up hope after 6 years of trying. We never expected something like this. Its more than we could of ever hoped for.