Chapter 35: Welcome to the Amazon

Tobi's POV

When I first jumped through the portal, my original plan was to give Mera nothing but a piece of my mind. 'Yung tipong pagagalitan ko siya for recklessly doing what she did. You know, the typical thing a guy would normally do 'pag gumagawa ng kabalbalan jowa niya.

But;

The plan, of course, did not involve the situation of me, Mera and kiki being all tied up in the middle of a freaking mob of angry villagers, with countless of spears and ragged blades being pointed mere inches away from our faces!

Noticed kung ga'no kalayo original kong plano sa aktwal na nangyayare sa'min ngayon? Yeah, I noticed that too.

"I said who are you people?! Why did you come?! How did you find this place?! Answer now or face death!" My face dropped seriously when I heard the loud booming voice for the nth time.

Nakita ko kung pa'no umusog papalapit sa'kin si Mera nang mas ilapit pa ng isa sa mga myembro ng tribo ang hawak nitong espada sa'kanyang mukha. Anger rose from within me and I immediately gave the man a glare, pero sure enough, he doesn't seem to be fazed about it. If anything else, mukhang mas na-aggravate pa ata siya dahil tinapunan niya lang din ako ng sarili niyang masamang tingin. That didn't stop me from killing him inside my head.

Without taking my eyes off of the man, I spoke.

"See, this is what I told you. But you and your thick head didn't listen." I know right now isn't the time to be scolding Mera pero this is the only way she'll understand that missions like this aren't to be taken lightly. "Next time don't decide on anything stupid."

Siniguro kong may diin ang pagkakasabi ko nun as a way to emphasize my point. But when I heard her whimper, I instantly felt regret. So despite the obvious irritation I'm currently feeling right now, I still scooted closer to her to at least reassure her na andito parin ako and that she would still be safe.

I let out a breath.

"Don't worry too much. Tss, hard headed as you may, I still wont let anything bad happen to you." I said after awhile, as I tried to cover her away from the spears with my body as much as I'm allowed to while still tied down.

"Please, I'm telling you, we are the meta-humans sent here by MHU to tend towards your monster problem." Hanggang ngayon ay nagpapaliwanag parin 'tong si kiki. But just like what happened when she told them who we were earlier, they still took it as a lie.

"Liar!" Sigaw nung lalake na tingin ko ay leader nila. He's littered with tattoos and he's wearing some kind of tribal clothing. All of them were actually in tribal clothing. Hindi na 'yan nakakabigla since we are in the Amazon rainforest.

Just a sorta brief summary of what happened; nang makatawid kami ay agad kaming sinalubong ng galit na galit na mga myembro ng tribong 'to at ng iba't-ibang klase ng matatalas na armas. Talk about a warm welcome. Dapat talaga eh pagagalitan ko si Mera, that being the first thing I planned to do, pero 'yun nga, nagkaroon ng change of plan since mukhang hindi nagustuhan ng mga hommies natin from the Amazon ang biglang pagsulpot namin sa small village nila. Agad kaming ni-wrestling ng mga 'to down to the ground at tinali na nga kami paisa-isa until all three of us are no longer mobile.

Again, talk about a warm welcome.

When we were first tied up, I wanted to use my powers of course, para makaalis kami, pero kiki informed us na hindi raw 'yun makakatulong in gaining these people's trust. Since we are here daw to help them, she thought hindi magandang idea ang i-provoke sila by displaying our powers. Malamang sa malamang eh umangal ako, pero I soon realized na mukhang logical naman 'yung point niya kaya I decided to just go with it, though it's still against my better judgment.