𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒻𝒾𝒻𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃

Jotaro Kujo's Point of View

Kakyoin and I were putting the groceries when I noticed something was off with Kakyoin.

"Hey, Kakyoin. Are you okay?" I ask and he looks at me and gives me a smile. He always smiled like that; no matter the situation.. Now I don't know if he's actually okay or not.

"Yep! I'm okay." If he says he's okay; then.. I guess he's okay.
I open the fridge and grabbed a soda before touching the top of my head.  Where's my hat??

"I have your hat silly. I've had it since we got to the store!" Kakyoin took it off and handed it to me and I roll my eyes before kissing the top of his head.

I sit on the lawn chair outside and sigh, taking a gulp of my Pepsi soda. It wasn't hot hot outside, but it was pretty nice. The breeze kicked in every now and then which felt nice.

"I thought I'd find you out here." Kakyoin came out in his swim trunks, a loose white shirt, and his sunglasses.
He came over and sat down on my lap, his back resting against my chest. I wrap my free arm around him and take a swig of my drink.
"I really like it here. I don't wanna leave." He chuckled and I kiss his neck in comfort.

"I know. Though I'm prepared for University, I do like the beach house." When I said that, Kakyoin looked at me.

"You were accepted..?" Shit.. Polnareff told me to tell him back when we were on the docks..
Well, now I have to break it to him.

"I'm sorry Kakyoin. I was going to tell you, but you just have so much on your plate.." he turned back around and chuckled which confused me. Why was he laughing?

"Eh, I don't care that much. I'm glad you got an acceptance letter!" He kissed my cheek and I give a small smile. If he wasn't upset about it, than I shouldn't either.
I'm glad he didn't take it personally.

"If you say so.. Thank you for not getting upset with me.." I smile and kiss him gently, holding his cheek. It was a relief.

————

"What are you talking about Kakyoin? That doesn't make any sense." He wanted to tell me a few jokes; so I sat down and listened for a good hour.
"What did the banana peel say to the mayonnaise? Good afternoon? That doesn't make any sense." I give a teeth-full smile to him.