special delivery

One shot : After nine months, the wait is finally over.

Anne's pov

My stomach tightened firmly causing me to sit up sharply clutching it in hopes to take away the pain. And suddenly I felt it, my bottom half was drenched, my water broke.

"Gil!!" I screamed as i shot up out of bed completely terrified

He sat up abruptly adjusting his vision clearly trying to make sense of why I was yelling at him at two in the morning

"Anne? What? What's wrong" worry was laced in his voice and all I could do was point to the bed where the liquid had previously gushed out of my body.

"Okay, okay we are okay this is okay" I could tell he was trying to reassure me but the panic in his voice did not stay hidden from me.

"Gil- I- I cant do this!" I yelled, how am I supposed to know how to perfectly push a human out of me without having ever done it before?! What if something goes wrong?!

Gilbert shot up from bed and grabbed my hand staring intensely at my eyes "Anne, if anyone can do this you can, you are the strongest person I have ever met you are so incredible for doing this" I couldn't help the small smile the crept onto my lips as he lifted his hand to cup my cheeks he always knows exactly what to say i thought.

"Now lets go have a baby okay?" He questioned his signature smirk sprung onto his lips

I giggle at his equal amount of excitement and utter panic "lets go have a baby" I smiled giving his hand a tight squeeze.

Then I felt it, an extreme shock flew through my body as my stomach contracted causing me to groan and hunch over in pain. Gilbert grabbed my arm leading me to the car.

"You got this. You can do it. We will be at the hospital soon and then we will have a little baby" he rambled, I know he was only trying to help but it was hard to focus on his words while in such immense pain.

As he went to sit in the car I remembered something "gil! The hospital bag!" I yelled, I could tell my pain was evident in my voice.

"Right! The hospital bag!" He ran in the house basically toppling over all of the furniture in a frenzy to find the bag and any extra items we might want. As I watched him fumble through random piles of laundry trying to find something suitable to bring, I couldn't help but giggle at his complete lack of coordination, I watched as he tripped over a shoe and stumbled trying to gain his balance

"I thought i was supposed to be the complete mess" I teased from my position in the car

He rolled his eyes and smiled at me with wide eyes "I am sorry I'm completely and utterly frazzled" he laughed at least he thinks it's funny too I thought to myself while laughing at his still completely discombobulated state

"Gil if we don't leave now, I'm going to have this baby in this car" I threatened "if you missed anything I can send Diana to come get it for us okay??" I could feel another contraction starting and braced for the upcoming pain

"Right, right okay." Gilbert jumped in the car frantically turning it on and backing out of the driveway.

I was trying to hide my pain as best as I could as to not worry my poor frazzled husband, but it was becoming almost unbearable and he easily noticed giving me a reassuring smile while squeezing my hand. "You've got this anne-girl, I'm right here" , he has always had a knack for comforting me, no matter how distressed he is himself. And I've always greatly admired and loved that about him.

Let's go have a baby

A/N pt 1! Kinda short, but here ya go