Prologue

The Vargas were a powerful and feared family. They ruled The Mediterranean Sea, but that didn't mean they were loved. All over, they were loathed.

   One day, it all changed. Well, let's just say for the Vargas it changed.

A sea witch, Circe, (lmao, PJ and Greek Mythology reference) was sent to punish the Vargas for their greediness and cruelty by Poseidon.

Circe had disguised herself as a peasant looking for a job as a maid. Particularly a worn out, homeless lady.

Circe found the entrance being
guarded by two sharks. "May I get a job per favore? I need a job to sustain my family," She spoke to the sharks.

The sharks laughed (Shut up its fiction!) "I don't think we need a peasant like you. See, we don't except your filth here."

Circe didn't want to convince the sharks fairly, so she just charmspoke them. "I would be very good for the lovely castle. Now be good sharks and get your majesties pretty please"? So they went and called them.

Finally, they came. "What do you want peasant? And make it quick, I have more pleasant things to do than see you," the queen snapped.

"Pardon me your highness, but I was looking for a job. Could I work here in your castle as one of your servants? Per favore signora, I have mouths to feed and a roof, so I need it," the "peasant" begged.

The king sneered. "And why come to us? There are other jobs who do accept your filth." "Well your highness, all the other jobs are full," the girl explained.

"Then too bad, so sad for you. Did you really think we'd let a peasant, a piece of filth like you, work here? Go back to where you came from you disgusting little bitch." The queen taunted, both of them mocking the girl, shoving her to the stones of the bridge, her chin bleeding.

Circe had enough. "That's it Vargas, you're the filthiest merpeople I've ever seen. Your greediness and tyranny have caused the kingdom to suffer, and by the words of Poseidon, you shall be punished. You now ceed three warnings, each punishment more and more severe." Circe was now glowing, gold vibrating off her skin.

The first will not harm you, but your first born. The child shall suffer the greediness of this world, for she will cry tears of power. The right tears will heal all, but the left will destroy. All will see the child as a machine.

Besides that, the eve your first born comes, a dagger engraved with her name shall be forged. Whoever possesses this dagger can and will control her however they wish. For this, she will suffer the tyranny of others. (Once Upon a Time reference)

But remember Vargas, this is only the first warning. Continue your path, and more will come. You get three chances, or you'll suffer eternal pain. Remember the pain of me, Circe, and of the people, of Poseidon and the heavens. Remember this Vargas."

And with that, Circe vanished, leaving the Queen clutching her stomach, while the both cursed.              

      ~Time Skip to 1 year later~

   And true to her word, the eve Lovina Romano Vargas was born, a gold dagger that had her full name engraved on it appeared.

   The castle tried to keep it a secret, but after 6 months, they couldn't.

Why? Well, as soon as Lovina could create tears, the king used a tear derived from her right eye and dabbed it on an old wound. It immediately vanished. As for the tears of the left eye, they tested it on a prisoner. He suddenly screamed in agony as purple fire crept up his body and burned him for a whole hour before his death.

The same day they tasted the tears, the current of the waters carried a voice that announced the power of Lovina's tears. Since then, Lovina was locked in a chamber, her tears separately gathered and sold for a fortune.

Even with the punishment, Alessandro and Amara Vargas didn't listen to the warnings, because they didn't give a fuck about their daughter's suffering, for in their eyes, she was a freak of nature.

Of course, when Feliciana Vargas was born, she was perfect in their eyes. If they had some love for Lovina, it had died when Feliciana was born.

Circe, who was watching little Lovina grow up, had noticed this, so she sent her a young sea nymph named Madeline.

Circe would actually do many things for Lovina. She would look over her as a sea horse or a maid in disguise, make gifts for Lovina, and appear to her as herself when no one was looking. She didn't hate Lovina.

And Lovina didn't hate Circe. In fact, she loved her like a mother. She knew why she was cursed, and that Circe cursed her, but also knew that Circe was ordered to by Poseidon.

When Circe wasn't looking over Lovina, Madeline would. Since Madeline was a sea nymph, you couldn't see her unless you wanted to., which proved to be great when hanging out with Lovina in front of anyone else (the king or queen mainly). Madeline was Lovina's only friend because all the other children were too scared to play with poor little Lovina.
——————————————————
When Lovina turned 14, even though it was locked away, the dagger fell into the hands of a guy named Roderich Edelstein.

He was a prissy asshole, a snobby landlord who just wanted Lovina to be his personal servant. She loathed him at first, wishing to change her "master."

But when the dagger was stolen by Sadiq Adnan after two years of serving Edelstein, Lovina wished he was back serving her. She never saw him again either.

First, it started off as simple serving, go clean my house, make me lunch, that shit. Then forced kissing, groping, and even rape. Now, murdering the peasant merpeople of the Caspian Sea by whatever means. Her tears or her bloody murder.

All in all, Lovina Vargas, the cursed
mermaid did not know what a happy and peaceful life was, just hell.
——————————————————
Italian
Per favore-Please
Poor Lovi. Anyways, I do not own Hetalia, and I got the idea from By The Sea, written by thenewalchemist. Also, I do not own Percy Jackson or Hetalia.