Its A Wonderful Day In...The Dungeons?

Gilbert's POV
As we walked outside, I could hear Birdie's screams, calling for my name. It was so unawesome, I couldn't bear it. Everything became blurry, and my chest felt heavy.

The screams were muffled by the sound of a glob of water surrounding us. They became fainter and fainter until I couldn't hear them anymore. The familiar feeling of the ocean returned, something I didn't ever think would happen again.

The first sob escaped me. Lov was the only one who heard and hugged me.

"It'll be okay. They'll come for us and you'll see Maddie again. I'm sure you will," she said in a less unawesome way than usual.

Toni had a shocked expression ever since Lovina kissed him back there. He was beat up badly by Sadiq.

Lov's eyes were dead, hopeless, frightened. I knew she was frightened to death. Those bastards, Sadiq ,Luciano and Lutz, had caused her life to be a nightmare. They were the cause of her suffering, and now she had to face them.

But she didn't cry.  She was used to all this, to all these new bruised on her body, to a bleeding lip. She couldn't cry anymore.

And here I was, biting my lips to hold back a sob. My eyes were red, and I too had bruises all over, a black eye, and a bloody nose.

Though I was already pale with fear, I grew paler when I saw the castle. I knew I was looking at a horrible fate, possibly worse than death, and I'd experience it in what, a day? An hour? As soon as I arrive? I didn't want to know.

As we arrived, I saw the reason we were here. The sadistic assholes, my parents. They gave me a look void of love, but then again, when did they ever look at me with love?

There were no 'Oh Gil, I missed you!' Or 'We were so worried about you son!' Just a cruel smile that said "You're gonna die." I gulped, but I wouldn't let them see how scared I was.

Lov was separated from us. The last thing I saw from her was a plead for someone to save her. The bruises she had earned were child's play to what she was about to receive.

As for Toni and I, we went straight to the dungeons. For him, it was his new home, but for me, a temporary spot before my real fate was decided.

The guards were kind enough to put us in neighboring cells. They locked the doors and left.

"Toni how are you able to breathe? You're human?" I asked, trying to make conversation to feel a bit more secure. Maybe some jokes too.

"I don't know. Some magic like Circe's?" He responded.

After a silence, I spoke again.

"Hey, uh Toni, I don't know if you'll Se Lov again, and well you'll never see me again in some hours either way so, I just want to say, thank you," my voice broke again.

"Thank you for giving Lovina the best months in her life, for giving her the love she always deserved but never had. She loves you dearly for that you know. And thanks for having Birdie and I. You did the best you could. Thanks for being an awesome friend too. You were a fucking god to all of us. I don't know if they'll come for us, they'll try. If they get us, when they get us, you and Lov will be reunited again, but you'll see Maddie again. When you do, tell her she is not a nobody, and I wouldn't want her to quit living because of me. Oh, and tell Lov you love her. Treat her like the queen she is, like she's not a freak of nature. And tell her I'm sorry for getting on her nerves so much." I let out a sad chuckle at that.

"Why are you saying all this like you won't make it? Maybe-maybe they'll come in time," Toni told me, trying for a hopeful voice.

"Nein. Not enough time," I croaked. "But enough of that. How was it?"

"How was what?" Toni asked.

"How was the kiss?"

Even though it was dark, I swear I saw him as red as Lov is when he teases her. No, redder.

"I'm still in shock from it. I knew Lovi didn't really hate me, but I didn't think she'd love me either," he said.

"It was fucking obvious..."

"It wasn't! Anyways, who was that bastard in a mask? Lovi seemed so frightened of him specifically, as if it's not the first time she experienced his wrath," Toni deducted.

I was surprised he could read the signs.

"He owns her. See, Lov is connected to a dagger with her name engraved on it. Whoever has this dagger can control her, but apparently only in the ocean. Sadiq has it, and does horrible things to her," I finished, not wanting to mention all the abuse she's dealt with in her life. It wasn't mine to say anyway.

"Wow..." was all he could say. I mean what could he say to change anything?

"How does it feel like under here for you?" I asked, once more changing the subject.

"It's freezing here. No sunlight, and the dungeons naturally make it gloomier," he explained.

"You won't die from it though. The whole purpose is keeping you alive," I said.

"And how did it feel going to land for the first time?" He asked.

"It felt cold from being soaked in water, and it felt annoying to be wet yet dry. If it weren't for my childhood trauma here, then this place is much more awesome than land. Land is so boring," I ranted, getting both our minds to a less depressing place.

For now, at least...
——————————————————
Lovina's POV next. Anyways I've watched Ouran High School Host Club And I want to know who y'all ship Haruhi with? Also, who's y'all's favorite character? I can't choose...But Tamaki x Haruhi is life!