Getting Help

On the fifth day, I wear another long sleeve sweatshirt. I'm sitting on the couch, in the front of the bus, when Lauren comes up to me. She doesn't say a word. She just grabs my arm and pulls me to the back of the bus. She pushes me in and closes the door behind her.

The other girls are sitting on the couch waiting for us. Once I came in, they all stand up.

"Oh my gosh, Lauren! What?!" I ask annoyed

Ally says " Come sit down here, honey." She motions to a seat in the middle. I cautiously walk over and sit down.

Camila comes over and touches my hair "Sky, you know you can talk to us, right?"

My heart starts to race. "What? Yeah, I know."

"So, what's wrong with your arm?" She asks suspiciously

My heart drops. "M-My arm? N-Nothings w-wrong with it."

"Really? Then, why are you wearing long sleeves all the time?" Normani asks

"W-Why not?" I reply

"Really, Sky? In this hot weather? You don't even wear long sleeves when it's cold." Dinah asks

"I don't respond, instead I look down at the floor.

After a brief pause, Camila sighs and sit's down next to me. She lifts my chin up. "Sweetheart, you know that we're just trying to help you, right? We just want to be here for you."

Tears well up in my eyes as I slowly nod.

She looks at me with worried eyes, "then, let us see your arm."

I look down and I see Camila's hands slowly began to move. She holds my left arm softly and looks at me. "You ready?"

I look away from her. She sighs and slowly pulls my sleeve up. She doesn't see anything and then slowly moves to my right hand. Holding it gently, she pulls my sleeve up. She sees the toilet paper that's wrapped around my arm.

"What the hell?" she mutters

She unpins the pin. Slowly, she unravels the toilet paper from my arm. My eyes are closed shut while everyone else is watching.

One by one, the scars appear on my arm. As soon as they see that their eyes widen in surprise. Camila looks up at me and then back down at my arm. She looks at me again and says "Why- What the - What is this supposed to be?"

"Umm." My heart is racing so fast. I'm so afraid.

"Where's your phone?" Camila asks with a serious expression.

"I-I don't know," I reply

"I think it's in her bed," Lauren says

Camila looks at Lauren then back at me. She stands up and heads to my bunk. I chase after her and yell "Wait!"

Lauren grabs me and says "No, you wait. Show me your arm."

She holds my arm gently. After examining it she sighs and says "I'll be back. I'm going to get the first aid kit."

"Why?" I ask her confused

"We need to put alcohol on your arm. You didn't clean it right."

"Is it that bad? Let me see your arm, Sky." Ally says

Lauren leaves the room while Ally walks over and takes a look at my arm. She has tears welling up in her eyes. She grabs me and hugs me tightly.

She kisses my forehead. "What happened? Why did you do this to yourself? What did we miss?"