Reconnecting

We leave an hour later. Once we get there I go to my spot. It's a small room that has a few instruments in it. I like to go there and practice guitar and piano while the girls' record.

I usually play a few of my own songs that I made a while back. I've never played these songs in front of anyone and I definitely don't ever plan to. 

I'm playing one of my songs on the piano when the girls come in without Normani. Ally and Lauren sit down while Camila and Dinah stand by the piano. When I see them I immediately stop playing.  

Dinah asks, "What song were you playing?"

"Oh, well, I was playing umm Love Myself by Kelly Clarkson," I reply. 

"Hmm really? That's weird because I know how that song goes and it definitely doesn't sound like that." Camila says. 

I avoid eye contact, and Dinah says, "Sky, what song were you actually playing?"

I sigh, "One of my own songs." I mumble.

"Seriously?! Let us hear it!" Dinah exclaims.

I shake my head, no. 

"Why?" Camila whines 

"Because it's embarrassing!" I reply. 

"Okay, that's it. I want to hear it, Sky." says Lauren, getting up to stand by the piano. 

"Yeah, me too." Ally says, doing the same. 

"Don't we have to plan the party before Mani comes back?" I say. 

"Aww dang I almost forgot about that," Lauren says. 

"We should probably do that." Ally says. 

"Yeah, but don't think this is over," Dinah says. 

"Uh-huh," I reply. 

Lauren, Camila, and Ally sit down on the couch while Dinah and I sit on bean bag chairs. 

Camila says "So guys, first things first, when and where should the party be." 

We decide that the party will be at their house, and one of them will take Normani out while everyone else sets up. They're going to invite their close friends, their band, and crew. Everyone's going to chip in to buy her something big, but I wanted to buy her something by myself. 

"Wait can I buy her something?"

"Yeah, of course," Dinah says. 

"You can buy it when we go shopping later." Lauren says, "But, you do know that whatever we buy, we'll put your name on it, right?"

"Yeah, but I want to do something for her," I reply. 

"Okay, we'll give you 60 dollars. I'm pretty sure you can find something good with that." Camila says. 

"Alright guys, we still have a few minutes before we need to head back." Ally says, checking her phone. 

"Perfect, we have enough time for Sky to show us her song!" Dinah exclaims, looking at me with a cheeky smile. 

I sigh, dramatically, "Why do you want to hear it so bad? It's just a song."

"It's not 'just a song'. It's a song that our little Monkey made! Of course, we would want to hear it!" Lauren says. 

"Fine, I'll show you," I reply. 

I sit down at the piano and start to play one of the songs I made called If Only. Once I'm done, they all just stand there with shock written all over their faces.