Chapter-25 The grand wedding!!

Guys finally the chapter we all were waiting for. And I didn't even notice my story crossed 2K reads!!

Cant's believe. Thank you so much everyone. I hope you all like this chapter.

Enjoy reading!!!

________________________________________________________________________________

Author's POV

The next day (afternoon)

Taani was sitting on the seat with a red dupatta covering her head wearing a beautiful dark pink salwar kameez. It was her chuda ceremony, a tradition in Punjabi culture that the bride's maternal uncle or brother would make the bride wear a big set of red, white, silver and gold bangles in each hand with dangling kalire which has another auspicious meaning. She has to wear these bangles minimum for a month and a year maximum. Since, Avantika was a Punjabi and Singhania family had no such tradition but she wanted that this ritual from her side should be done and moreover Taani was more than happy to wear the chuda in her hands as she truly loved those bangles.

All the girls were sitting there surrounding her looking at her mehendi,

"Taani so lucky you are, itna dark shade to humara bhi nahi tha."

Jeevika gushed looking at her hands, Gauri and Anika agreed with her when Sneha said,

"Rey sach me bahot pyaar karta hai tumse."

The girls continued teasing her when finally the elders along with the boys came there. Only Rey was not there as he was not allowed to see the ceremony. Since Taani had no maternal uncle Swayam was going to do the ritual, while the other guys of D3 stood on the four corners holding the red dupatta above her head.

Din shagna da chadheya
Aao sakhiyon ni vehra sajeya
Haan.. [vehra=courtyard]

Sharon stood behind Taani and closed her eyes as she was not allowed to see the chura before Swayam makes her wear it properly and tie the kalire.

Mera sajna mileya
Sajna milan vadhaiyan
Ni saajan doli leke aauna
Ni vehra sajeya

Mera sajna mileya
Sajna mileya
Sajna mileya haan..

Wo ho...

Swayam took the bangles and started following his mother's instructions, first washing the bangles in a copper vessel with turmeric water and then with milk and rose petals. He wiped them and one by one started sliding the bangles in Taani's hands, all the while a big smile was on his face with a hint of tears in his eyes.