Chapter 13 - Boyfriend?

- Jasmine -
I ran over to Toby, he was slumped against the wall. He was still conscious and looked at me as I started barking orders.

"I'll go get some ice." Indiana rushed off. Zoe and I dragged Toby into his dorm and grabbed the empty latte cups off the floor. Toby's shirt was soaked from when the coffee spilled.

"Are you alright? Who did it?!" I demanded as I grabbed a towel and pulled his shirt off. Zoe grabbed a pillow for Toby to lean back on. I wiped his chest and then glared at Toby, "Who did it? Was it Corey?"

"Nah don't worry about it." Toby said groggily.

"It was Wes wasn't it?" I clenched my teeth and looked at Zoe, "Zozy, does Dylan hang out with him?"

"Nope, Dylan says he's a low life."

I walked over to Toby's closet and pulled out a new shirt just as Indi rushed back in with an ice pack. "Does it look bad?" Toby asked.

"It looks like a black eye." I said honestly. "This is because of me isn't it?" I stared down at the floor and shook my head.

"Don't you dare go blaming yourself." Toby said sternly, "Going up against Wes was my choice."

"Somebody needs to put Wes in his place." Indi handed me the ice pack and I began holding it against Toby's eye.

"I'm going to look so great when I meet your parents tonight." Toby said sarcastically.

"Your meeting Jazz's parents tomorrow night?" Zoe asked, "Don't you want to go home for the Easter long weekend, spend it with your family?"

"Oh they know I'm spending it with J, and their cool with it."

"Jasmine did you tell Toby that Corey lives next door to you?" Zoe reminded me of the most crucial fact that I'd forgotten.

"Oh yeah he does, you don't have to come if you don't want to Toby." I shrugged and pulled the ice away so I could see his ice blue eyes.

"I'm not backing out just because he lives next door." Toby smiled

"Well I'm glad, I was looking forward to it. Do you have something nice wear?" I asked.

"Yeah but now I have a black eye so nothing will look nice."

"Oh that's a load of crap, you'd look nice in anything." I said pointedly. Indi was walking in circles looking confused, almost like she knew something important and didn't know how to tell the rest of us.

"Indiana is something wrong?" Zoe asked.

"It wouldn't be if Dylan wasn't talking to Wes right this second." Indi stared out the window and Zoe joined her. I'd never seen Zoe look so upset and heartbroken.

"You don't think he cheated on me do you Jazz?" Zoe turned to me her eyes brimming with tears.

"I don't know Zoe. I don't know." I walked over and hugged her.