Chapter 2 - New Surroundings

- Jasmine -

Corey and I stopped our cars behind Dylan's. Zoe bounced up and hugged me excitedly, and Dylan hugged me too

"We've been waiting ages for you guys. What took you so long?" Zoe asked.

"This annoying excuse for a boyfriend turned up and interrupted me." I gestured to Corey.

"Geez Corey." Dylan shook his head and put his arm around Zoe.

"Well if Jazz wasn't so beautiful I might have been able to control myself." Corey shrugged lazily.

"Yeah because he's sweet like that." I hugged Corey, just as Jake and Kirsty arrived.

Those two had met each other and hit it off straight away. Jake was sweet too and he deserved someone like Kirsty, she was a nice girl.

"Who's ready to go to college!" Jake called excitedly.

"We've ready for a long time waiting for the rest of you." Zoe reiterated her point from when we arrived.

"I thought Christmas was gonna come faster than you two." Dylan smirked, "Come on let's go."

We drove for another fifteen minutes until the college campus came into view. I knew Corey had this elaborate idea that we would get one of those houses in stead of being in dorms, but I highly doubted that theory. The college houses were usually for separate college clubs.

It turned out that I was right. Zoe, Kirsty and I walked into our dorm room. There was a bunk bed and a single bed off to the side, along with a book shelf and a study desk.

"Shot gun top bunk." Zoe cried and threw one of her bags up onto the bed.

"Which one do you want Jazz?" Kirsty asked me.

"Oh um I'll have the single one over there."

"Okay. Looks like I'll have the bottom bunk then." Kirsty nodded.

I started pulling out my stuff and putting it around my bed so I could organise where it should go. I was interrupted by a banging on the door, I walked over and pulled it open.

"What are you doing here! You can't be here." I said in a whisper, I stuck my head out the door, crap there was someone coming.

I grabbed Corey by the arm and dragged him in. He didn't seem at all worried about breaking the rules. Kirsty and Zoe got the hint and left the room, I turned my eyes back to him.

"Boys aren't allowed in the girls dorms."

"Sweetheart, you worry too much, no one saw me."

"But they almost did. That girl could have seen you."

"Don't tell me that it's a crime to want to see you."

"Corey we've only been here five minutes and we don't want to get kicked out already, besides there's plenty of places we can meet at like the library."

"You know I hate libraries." he grumbled.

"Would you come if I was in there?"

"What kind of question is that, of course I would."

"I know exactly why I fell in love with you."

"And why is that sweetheart?"

"Because your pretty sweet to me." I smiled, "But just don't get us in trouble okay."

"I won't. What class do you have first tomorrow?"

"Maths." I groaned, "What about you?"

"Football practice."

"Oh." I stared at the floor.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing I just... cheerleaders are so... don't worry about it."

"Your worried their going to steal me from you."

"If their anything like Jane was, then yes I'm worried."

"Jazz, you the only girl for me I don't want anyone else."

"I believe you." I said quietly

"You don't sound overly confident." he frowned.

"Then you can prove me wrong." I reached up and kissed him on the cheek. "Now get out of here before somebody sees you."

He smirked and disappeared out the door. I was unsure. I'm not going to lie. Those cheerleaders can't be trusted, their boyfriend thieves and not to mention bitchy. I was scared if I lost Corey to a cheerleader suddenly college wouldn't feel so safe anymore. I wouldn't feel safe anymore.