Chapter 16 - This Can't Be Happening.

- Jasmine -
"What the hell!" I screamed into my pillow. In fact it felt like the world was ending. "She can't do that!" I screamed this time without the pillow to muffle it.

I'd jammed a chair under my door knob to stop anyone coming in, but I knew my friends down stairs probably thought I was having a hissy fit, and had no idea why.

Why couldn't my life just be free of drama and just be normal for one year. I could deal with it for the rest of my life but for now I just wanted normal.

"She can't do that!" I screamed again.

"Jasmine open this door." my dad said calmly from the other side knocking continuously.

"Please leave me alone." I groaned and fell back on my bed.

"Come on Jazz it can't be that bad." Zoe called through the door.

She had no idea. Mum had managed to keep everyone outside when the police showed up, and took Toby. Zoe and the others weren't any of the wiser, they just thought Toby had to leave early.

I listened as the footsteps retreated from my door, until I let the tears flood out. There was a soft knock on my door.

"Jasmine?" Corey's voice came.

I didn't answer I just kept crying.

"Please sweetheart open the door. You sound like you need a hug."

For some reason I found myself moving the chair out of the way and falling back onto my bed. Corey came in and closed the door behind him, replacing the chair under the door knob. He sat down on the bed beside me and watched me blubber.

"You were fine when I came through the side gate, what happened?"

"You wouldn't care, if anything you'd be happy." I mumbled.

"I wouldn't be happy if your not."

"So you'd care even if it involved Toby?"

Corey nodded and observed me with caring but cautious eyes.

"So what happened to Toby?" He asked.

"His foster mum called the cops and said he had run out on her. She also said he threaten her and that he did inappropriate things to her." I started sniffling again.

"Well did he?"

"Hell no! He hasn't lived with her for over three years, yeah he hates her, but he wouldn't do any of those things."

"Then he has nothing to worry about."

"He's innocent. But she's rich and will do anything to frame him so she can get even more money. I have to do something. Testify. Bail him out."

"Okay look you need to slow down, I'm not letting you get into this on your own, so don't even think about it."

"You mean you'd help me? You'd help me prove Toby's innocent?"

"If it would make you believe that I truly love you, then yes."

I had nothing to say to that. I was dumbstruck, this time he was really trying to win me back.

"Come on let's pay a little visit to the police station then." he smiled and wiped my tears away with his finger.

I nodded and let him take my hand and lead me to the front door. I didn't look up from the floor or acknowledge that the others were there. I was a women on a mission and no one was getting in my way.

~~~~
- Corey -
Jasmine was quiet on the car, I guessed she was just preparing herself for anything. I hadn't seen her this distressed since the night Jane threw acid on her.

We walked quickly up the stairs to the entrance of the police station. the waiting room was empty besides Toby sitting with his hands cuffed behind his back.

Jasmine rushed over to him and hugged him. "What's going on?" She asked.

"They want to send me to juvie." he said nodding at Corey.

"Look I can't hold this in any longer." I blurted.

And they both looked at me expectantly, "Toby, I was wrong about you man. You're a good guy and I let my jealously cloud my vision. You looked after Jasmine when I didn't. I was an asshole to you and I just wanted to say sorry." I was impressed by my words. I'd never used to be one to admit when I was wrong but Jasmine truly had brought out the good in me.

She smiled at me and Toby smiled at her. "Nah don't worry about it Corey, guys disagree sometimes. That's just how it is."

"You should be angry because I was a jerk to you."

"I don't hold a grudge." Toby said, "If anything I'd rather we just be friends and move on."

"Jasmine was right you are innocent, I can't tell just by the way you handled my apology."

"Toby?" I heard and all of us looked around for the source of the voice. Some guy I didn't recognise rounded the corner in a rush.

"Man I just found out, this is heavy. how are we going to prove she's lying." The guy sat down next to Jasmine and stared at Toby.

"Believe me if I had the answer to that question I wouldn't be here." Toby said.

"Daniel? How did you find out?" Jasmine asked the guy whose name must have been Daniel.

"I used my one phone call to tell him, I knew you already knew J." Toby answered Jasmine.

"By the way Daniel this is Corey." Toby introduced me.

"Hi." I said casually, Daniel nodded with a smile and then turned back to Toby.

"So what happens now?" Jasmine asked.

"That's a fantastic question Jasmine. What do we do now?" Daniel, Jasmine and I all stared at Toby.

"Guys, there's no we. This is not your problem." Toby said.

"So what, do you expect us to just sit around and do nothing? Well tough luck buddy cause you ain't getting rid of us that easily." I said sternly.

Jasmine's eyes met mine, those beautiful blue eyes I remembered so fondly, until Wes took it all away. That's it I knew what to do next.

"Jasmine, Daniel come with me, I've got a plan. Toby sit tight we'll be back for you." I say, Jasmine stood up and Daniel did too.

Once we were out of the building Daniel finally spoke up, "I'm glad one of us has a plan. I honestly had no idea what to do."

"Me neither." Jasmine said twisting her finger through her hair.

"If I'm right Toby will be out in no time. We start tomorrow when school goes back." I say in a commanding way.

"But Daniel doesn't go to our school." Jasmine sighed.

"I do now. I'll transfer in tomorrow. Where should I meet you guys?"

"Courtyard, near the clock tower be there as soon as first bell rings." I said.

"Oh trust me I'll be there." Daniel smirked.