💛Chapter five: Violet Bayheart💛

I entered my comfy, chic bedroom with hunched shoulders and swollen red eyes

I entered my comfy, chic bedroom with hunched shoulders and swollen red eyes. I had bunked all my classes sitting in a bathroom stall crying my heart out.

I put on my silver Prada nightgown with ease and climbed into bed. I took out a black, white and blue covered book from my black nightstand.

The title read: The fault in our stars. It said it would make me laugh and cry at the same time. So far it was the former. It's about a girl called Hazel with cancer in her lungs, who falls in love with a guy called Augustus who has only one leg cos he used to have cancer but he's now cured.

As I'm reading I know she's going to die. It sounds tragic but its not. Like Romeo and Juliet or that book series by
umm...........mmmmm...........Lauren......mmmmm.......Kate. Lauren Kate.They're cursed to repeat their love every seventeen years and each time the girl dies. It was cos angel's are apparently not supposed to fall in love. I guess my love for tragic romance started when my daddy died four years ago.

My mom still cries up in her room about it, but I manage. Mom and daddy were always fighting, even about stupid stuff like whether we could have chicken for dinner. I got used to it but one day dad left to cool off some steam, there was a car accident and he never came back.

After I finished the book, thirty minutes later, my throat suddenly got hiccupy and my nose started sniffling, I blinked my eyes really hard and soon enough a tear slid down my cheeks to the back of the book.

Eventually I started crying, then sobbing, then finally bawling my eyes out and getting snot on the silky sheets. What's wrong with me. I never cry about books. Never. I couldn't help myself. Augustus had died. Augustus not Hazel. His cancer had come back and he just wasn't strong enough. Now Hazel was all alone. Alone with her oxygen mask and the cancer in her weak lungs.

When I finally thought I'd stopped I remembered something Hazel had said. She said that one day they'll come a time when all of us are dead. That no one will remember Cleopatra or Aristotle. No one will remember my mom. No one will remember my brother. No one will remember my dad and no one will remember me. That everything we've will have been all for nothing. If that's true which it probably is then am I living for nothing. Did my daddy live for nothing. Fresh tears welled up again and I pulled the covers over my head and cried into the pillow. I cried for Augustus. I cried for Hazel. I cried for people with cancer. I cried for my big brother. I cried for mom. I cried for daddy. And last but not least I cried for me.

Has Violet's story taken a tragic turn for the worst or will she still be able to make through?