💜Chapter nineteen: Juliette Dovemark💜

I spent lunch with Cali today because I was too shy to face Ryan right now

I spent lunch with Cali today because I was too shy to face Ryan right now. I knew that a peck on the cheek was nothing but still. I need to gather my head first. If I approach him right now I might stutter and start to say gibberish. Which is what usually happens when I'm nervous.

Anyways lunch was super awkward. I was on my phone browsing through famous sports stars on Instagram and I could just feel Cali watching me from the back of her magazine.

When I did catch her staring she just gave me a weird smile.

I decided we needed something to talk about instead of her just staring at me like a stalker so we played Would You Rather but that got a bit intense sonce she kept asking specific questions like: would you rather hang out with your friends or your crush or would you rather have a sleepover or go on a date. So I decided to change the Topic to Tiffany.

"You know now would be a good time to tell Tiff about our plans seeing as she's still getting cosy with that weirdo" I told while faking nonchalance as I sipped my orange juice.

"Whaaaat?!" She exclaimed as she jumped out of her seat. I didn't even have a chance to speak as she stomped over to the direction where Tiff was seated.

Okay maybe stomped is an overreaction. Cali would never be caught dead stomping around anywhere.

She angry strutted her way to Tiffany. Don't ask how because even I can't pull that off.

After she left I took another glance around the cafeteria and my eyes landed on Ryan. He was...well he was...he wasn't exactly flirting with the girl he was talking to but they were whispering in each other's ears and laughing alot.

A tiny part of me was jealous.

Okay scratch that I'm uber jealous.

I felt my eyes twitch when I saw her hold his hand.

Okay this totally unreasonable. I mean for all I know she could be a cousin or some distant family member or even just a close friend.

Even still I could tell that I wasn't going to calm down anytime soon. Especially when the cause of my frustration was in the same room as me.

I need to leave.

I was packing up my things just when Cali had come back from her "talk" with Tiff.

"Why are you packing up your things? Don't tell me your ditching me for Soccer McRyan again, if you are you'll be put on probation just like Tiffany!" She said in a whisper scream just incase anyone was listening.

"I'm not leaving you for Ryan, I just need some time to myself outside or something, maybe I'll ditch school" I mumbled as I strapped my bag on back.

She stared at me like she was about to argue and have one of her temper tantrums. Then she inhaled a large puff of air and exhaled through her mouth.