There's Always A Tomorrow: This Certainty is Bliss

This is the sequel to my other fanfic "There's Always A Tomorrow: I Sacrifice My Soul"

Another McMillan

I yawned as I walked down the streets of Bathory. It was summer, one of the last weeks of it too. Aunt Matilda convinced me to wake up earlier to go see if Vlad was done with Henry. Or, though she already assumed this, I would end up calling her saying my cousin and I would stay longer.

But even though I cherished every moment with my cousin and his best friend, I was tired. This whole summer I have been becoming so nocturnal that my skin was nearly a shade and a half lighter! I always thought of Vlad! He refused to leave my mind alone! I hear his voice, I see his face, and I feel his touch everywhere, every day, every night. Every second of every minute in every hour in every day was filled with him. Yet in the darkness of the night it grew stronger. I couldn't shack it away!

My nights filled with nonexistent dreams and my days full of memorable truths. That was how my summer has been. By now Vlad and Henry trained me into the habit of just walking right into his house without bothering or knock or ring the bell.

And that is just what I did today. I groggily shoved the door open. I dragged my feet over the floor and to the kitchen, where I figured they would be.

"You're not alone, I got her too! And from what my mom says so does Joss." I heard Henry's voice tell Vlad. They were talking about classes, I guess. And changed it to my cousin.

"So when is your cousin supposed to get here anyway?" Vlad asked.

"Sunday. Oh, and just so you know, don't count on seeing me much that day. My mom's on some family togetherness kick."

"How annoying." Vlad said sarcastically, I could almost hear him rolling his eyes.

"Vladimir!" Nelly shouted at him, I tried not to laugh.

"I mean, how lovely of your parental figure to insist on enjoying quality time together. You should be grateful." I wasn't sure of coming in laughing, or if I should listen more.

"Alright, smart mouth. I'm getting the mail. Henry, watch Vlad while I'm gone. He's a trouble maker."

"Nelly!" Vlad shouted in fake shock.

"I mean, he's a wonderful boy who brightens my day and makes life worth living." I sighed softly as I saw Nelly walk right by me. Is she saw me she would say something, the guys would hear her. I wanted to hear what they talk about without me there. So I pressed myself against the wall as she walked by and out the door.

"What?" I heard Vlad ask randomly. Apparently Henry looked at him funny.

"Did you call Meredith yet?"

"Twice, actually." Henry seemed to be evaluating to see if he was honest. Vlad went to the Freedom Fest with her. I felt a surge of jealousy but shook it off. I heard a cup hit the table.

"Nope. Hung up both times. I think she heard me breathing once though." I tried not to laugh.

"That's progress. You know she has caller ID, right?"

"She does?" I heard Vlad's voice come out shock. I stifled a chuckle. I decided that game was over, and also I saw Nelly walking back up to the house. I entered the kitchen laughing. "Mina!" Vlad lunged for his cup and chugged it down. I laughed harder and ignored him as he shoved past me to drop the cup in the sink.

"What's so funny?"

"I just heard that entire conversation!" I gasped, Vlad paled and Henry laughed it off with me.