Walking Into A Room

Walking Into a Room

In my intense devotion I never left Vlad for nearly an entire week unless absolutely necessary. Well, the bathroom and showering were needed, yet other than that I never left. I ate there, I slept there, I did whatever homework Henry had for me there, I plotted my revenge against Joss there, I planned how to maneuver around Vlad there, and I never wanted to leave Vlad.

Yet I knew at one point Nelly would drag me out on our All Girls day. That or my studies as a newborn vampire would cause me to leave my sanctuary.

I knew one or the other will win me over eventually, but not which one. Vlad had shown no signs of awakening in the past week that I have been changed. At one point, while redressing his wound, I caught a glimpse of the wound as the nurse cleaned it once more.

The large circular, red wound was in his chest. It went deep, blood still wishing to come out, yet not as bad as I imagined. Though very fictional, I imagined a clear hole, open enough to see the bed on the other side of him. But the nurse told me that at one point that was nearly possible had he not been such a fast healer. Do to his Pravus healing abilities.

The legend of the Pravus is one that I spent nearly a whole day on with Vikas and Otis. Destined to rule over vampire kind and enslave the human race, the Pravus. And from the fact that Vlad is capable of living through a stake in his heart it is proven that he is this legend. Great, so my one and only love is fated to take over the world. Sweet.

Yet now, as I lounged in the large seat next to Vlad's bed Nelly decided to come in. I smiled kindly at her and put down "Of Dorms, Blood, and Girls". As I did so I sighed and thought about how easy their vampire romance was compared to mine.

"Hey Nelly. Naw, he hasn't budged one bit." I answered before she asked. I still saw the faint remains of tears as she nodded them away.

"Mina, we both need to get out of this place. You are mad with worry; I am as well so I understand. But... I think Vlad would want us to continue in our lives just a little while he is here. When he wakes up you can be here all you want. How about it?"

"You think we should get out that bad?" She nodded so I sighed. "Alright, I'll leave. Can I say goodbye?" She nodded again and I walked around my chair to Vlad's bedside. "I'll be back soon Vlad. Don't die, for me, don't die."

I sighed and turned to Nelly. She gave me a sympathetic look as she wrapped her arm around me as we went to the door. I took a deep breath as I exited the room; it seemed easier that I thought. Not that I was happy about it, but it was true. As we exited I saw the nurses and doctors who cared for Vlad stare in shock as I walked by. I hung my head low in shame.

Finally we left the hospital and Nelly drove me away from Vlad. I felt my heart ache with an unnecessary, unwanted pain.

She finally stopped the car as I stared in blank nothingness out the window. I finally used my eyes for seeing and found us at a nail salon. I turned to her to question her but she smiled up at the building and placed her hands on her hips.

"I told you it was a Girl's Day. I have a friend who told me about this place. We are going to relax, you up for it?" I nodded reluctantly and followed her inside. I detested it when ladies danced around me trying to dress me up like a Barbie.

Yeah once we were inside, all they did was my hands and feet. Which, I had to admit, felt very good. Afterward she offered hair. I had long thought of getting small random strands on my hair dyed bright blood red. Now, as a vampire, I might be able to pull it off. Nelly was against it at first but I finally got her to agree. Once it was done, dried and straightened, she actually said it suited me perfectly. Black and red always did, I guess even more so now.