Until It Be Morrow

Until It Be Morrow

I laid there on my bed, attempting to sleep. My clock blinked nearly midnight but my nocturnal genes yearned for more. I sat up in my bed and ran my hand through my black hair, my bangs fell back over my eyes. My mind wandered to Mina and her constant frustration with moving my bangs. I smiled faintly and I saw a shadow on my floor. I turned to the window and saw a figure in the moonlight.

For a moment my breath caught from being ambushed and from how the figure resembled a pearly statue in the moonlight. She flashed me a smile, her moon-white teeth glowing.

"Mina!" I gasped, and opened the window. Then I looked over my shoulder to make certain Otis, Vikas, and Nelly were still asleep. Then I whispered. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm nocturnal, you're nocturnal. Boredom, you see?" I smiled but once again checked over my shoulder.

"If I get caught with you here Nelly will kill me."

"Who says she has to know?" She grinned.

"What if she finds you here?"

"That's why we don't stay here." She chuckled. I thought it over but then a question came to my mind.

"How'd you get up here?" She smiled and rolled her eyes playfully. I saw her hair, cloths, limbs, and then her entire body float fluidly in the air and away from the window.

"The flying glass elevator." She smiled. Then she returned back to my window sill and leaned close so we could whisper again. "So... are you coming?"

"Mina, I can't fly like you. And also where would we go?" She shrugged.

"That's up to you, Vlad." She smiled smoothly down at me. She reached out her hand to me and I felt like I needed to fill it with my own. "Don't you trust me?" She asked when she saw that I was hesitating.

"Well this isn't a carpet ride." I joked, she laughed and inched her hand closer to me. The incline to do what she asked grew.

"Of course not." Her smile turned into a grin. "It's a flying glass elevator." I laughed to myself and took one more look at the dark hallway before clasping her hand. The second my grip tightened she was flying away from my window and pulling me along with her.

I have never flown higher than the belfry but that I was used to. Mina flew high and just seemed to glide through the wind as if it was just water when we would swim in the summer. I watched her out of the corner of my eyes and she wasn't paying much mind to me. She seemed in content thought and the moonlight flashed over her face each time she went out from under a cloud. When the wind picked up I saw a smile graze her face and her hair whip around her. She then took notice of me and saw that I was watching her.

Her flight pattern stumbled for only a fraction of a second when she blushed and the mistakes caused her to blush again.

"Um... where do you want to go?" She asked softly over the air rushing past us. I shrugged and she laughed. "Well it's either you pick now or Never land." I laughed as a realized just how Peter Pan it was to just fly for hours.

"Well... I don't know."

"Whatever you're thinking of, if you don't want me to go ever again without you, I will only go for tonight if you want." She assured me, I thought about it but then figured what the heck? I trusted Mina, and she said she would forget all about it if I wanted her to. But at times my sanctuary did get lonely and she could be just the thing to bring it back to life.

"Go to the high school." She shot me a questioning look but changed her course anyway.

She stayed silent as we neared our school and she slowed in her speed. She saw the Goth kids and flew around them so they would not see us. She settled us on the roof and turned to me, letting her arms slam her sides. Her expression asked where we were going next. I lifted myself up and into the belfry and she followed when we were inside I went to my lighter and lit a few candles.