Henry's Solution

Henry's Solution

Henry McMillan woke up the next morning and called his best friend Vlad. Vlad answered the phone and Henry heard a relieved sigh when he heard Henry's voice. Henry invited Vlad over to his house, Vlad was extremely uncertain. But as if he read his mind, Henry told him Mina wasn't even awake yet and that she would be with Otis and Vikas the entire day. Vlad finally agreed and started over to the McMillan house.

When Vlad was inside the house, anyone could see he was edgy beyond believe. But after some time he started to feel more relaxed yet still constantly was reminded of Mina. After some time playing video games Henry started to lead Vlad out of the game room. Vlad was confused when Henry was opening the door to a large closet in the upstairs hallway. Then suddenly Henry grabbed a firm hold of Vlad's shirt and flung him inside the closet and slammed the door clear in his face.

Vlad banged his fists on the hard, thick wood but Henry only laughed. Vlad noticed Henry's laughter was fading and then he heard the voice of Mina as she protested and struggled. The door flew open and in came Mina, flying in the air from the force Henry used.

Henry once again slammed the door and locked it while laughing. Mina landed roughly right on top of Vlad as they hit the floor.

"Ow..." Mina grumbled and opened her eyes to a shocked and blushing Vlad. The door flew open for a split second as Henry threw five blood packs into the closet with them. They hit Mina right on the back of the head. "Ow...!" She grumbled again. Then as the bags slowly slide off her head and landed on the floor beside them they shoved against a broom along the wall. The broom started to fall and also landed right on the back of Mina's head. "OW!"

She finally got off of Vlad and held the back of her head tightly. Vlad also sat up and reached out in his concern but he didn't touch her. She finally looked up and squinted.

Vlad had already gotten used to the dim lighting and saw that she was far from it. She reached her hand out and found his body. She ran the tips of her fingers near the top of his chest and went up and traced his neck and jaw line.

Finally her soft hands fingered his bangs and he closed his eyes and she tried to brush them away and they refused. She stood up in a flash and whipped toward the door. She banged on the door as hard as her small body let her and shouted for her cousin with all the volume her soprano voice could muster. Which Vlad found was extremely loud. Henry never answered and Mina wore herself out. She finally gave up and fell to the floor beside Vlad.

"Is your head okay?" He asked in a soft, concerned tone. She offered a faint smile to answer. "Mina, about last night..."

"Vlad I don't want to talk about it." She whimpered and closed her eyes. After the awkward silence she spoke again. "How long is he going to keep us here?"

"Well he gave us enough blood for the rest of today..." Vlad picked up the blood packs and looked at them. Mina sighed in frustration and Vlad leaned back on the wall to the right of her. "Look, I'm sorry Henry did this. It's not like I planned to be locked in a closet with you."

"And you think I did?" She snapped softly.

"He has to have a reason..." Vlad trailed off.

"Yeah, how about I love you and he wants us to settle everything?" Her tone was thick with sarcasm.

"Just because I didn't declare my love for you last night doesn't give you a reason to yell at me!"

"I'm not yelling at you, I'm just stating what is." Vlad closed his mouth and decided not to speak. "You didn't declare your love for me..." She whispered.