-PORTGAS D. ACE-

╒══════════════════╕
"When I first met you, I honestly didn't know you were gonna be this important to me."
╘══════════════════╛

Fear, anger, courage, pain, despair, hope.

There were mixtures of emotion flashing through everyone's eyes.

Blood splattered everywhere and limp bodies lay cold against the hard land as Pirates and Marines try their best to kill one another, swords placed above their throats and guns pressed on their temples.

Screams of pain and agony can be heard on each side of the group as one body falls after another.

It was an all out war, a war that the marines themselves have decided to create.

No one seems to have the upper hand, given that both sides have people who are great in combat, people who have abilities that can fend off opponents, and people with strong will that even death itself cannot faze.

The marines were confident, focused on the thought that the person chained up on the execution board above will never be set free.

But they were too confident.

They belittled the pirates.

They belittled the strength a family has.

The pirates shouted in glee when Fire Fist Ace, with the help of his little brother, was set free.

The marines grunted in disappointment and anger when they saw the blazing flames casting an image of the Whitebeard crew's jolly roger.

Even with the prisoner free, the war was still on. The pirates who charged at the Marineford have now decided to retreat, given that their mission was now complete but the navy, who have recovered from shock, didn't allowed this.

Canons exploded, bullets were fired, blades clashed, and fists meet.

Countless groans, unidentified screams, and incoherent orders from the supreme can be heard all over the place, it was a warzone never before seen.

As much pain and casualties the pirates give to those who were on their way, the marines never fell as they try to push and fight them all, especially the admirals.

Kizaru, who was usually a slowpoke, was now moving in the speed of light as he hunts down the first division commander of the whitebeard pirates, Marco the Phoenix, who unfortunately, got cuffed with seaprism and was trying his best to pull it off.

Aokiji, on the other hand was fighting head to head with the 'outcast' himself, Portgas D. Ace as he protect and help his brother, Monkey D. Luffy, in the process. They were a great duo, making it hard to hit one of the two.

Then, there was Akainu, the one who claims that whatever happens, 'justice' will prevail. He was watching all things go down south as his mind was running fast, thinking of orders he need to give in order to win the battle.

The pirates were half way there, they were almost out of the navy's radar, until something unexpected happened.

Akainu, seeing an opening, suddenly jumped into action. He decided that if he cannot execute the son of the late pirate king, then he will kill Strawhat Luffy, the offspring of the 'world's worst criminal', Dragon.

Everything happened fast, one minute Strawhat was on the floor, eyes filled with shock seeing Akainu aiming for him then after a second, Fire fist suddenly popped out of nowhere between them, covering for his little brother as he takes the blow.