Chapter 3

His name is Mike and he seems amazing, I know I don't know him he just looks so good tall, grey eyes or blue (I might be color blind) I think I'm ready to start dating again it's been 4 years Yeap 4 long years, I just decided to focus on what made me happy and that was saving people.

Zoe came in and asked what was on my mind
" This new guy downstairs," I said smiling

"firstly who is he and secondly you don't like men, I've been trying for years and you've been declining"

"Firstly I'm very much into men .... lastly That's because you choose the worst men for me Zo you have your handsome chocolate and you set me up with scums, plus Samuels friends are not my type"

She laughs so loud omg " scums" throwing stuff at me
"stop trying to be Cupid stick to saving babies and mothers"
"Ouch," she said
We both laughed and she got serious

" you need to learn to trust again and we should stalk That new guy because ain't no one coming near you without my approval".
I rolled my eyes and walked away

"love you, later alligator" she laughed so hard she hates it when I say that apparently, I sound like I'm 5 years so what?

That day is just too long, and its dragging  I just want to sleep I haven't been sleeping well lately, but today I needed to rest because my days are getting more and more hectic...

Weeks were flying by and I didn't see Mike so I was sad, he's my only hope at this moment my phone rang
" shiiit...Aunty Grace"
"Stop with that language please, was calling you  to  check on you " aunty Grace sounded annoyed
"I'm good aunty working and more working I don't have time to come home"

"I know baby girl I just miss you it's been 4 years, we are planning another fundraiser and just wanted to let you know"

"I know aunty I will come to see you when I'm free I promise"

" Please do I love you"

"I love you too need to go now"

Aunty Grace up here

When she hung up I felt so much pain, I thought of my mom,  my aunt is a spitting image of my mom and she reminds me of her so much I can't be anywhere near home now because it's not a home without my mom.

When I lost her I lost a part of myself and after her funeral, I applied here in Lynwood and never looked back managed to convince Zoe to come with me we got the job and got nice places.

I love living here I ran from my pain at home to start over and to be honest apart from saving lives which I live for I don't have much going on, my last boyfriend hurt me so much I didn't know how to heal from it..... I remember it like it was yesterday when it was my mother's funeral I called him but he didn't answer I couldn't stand all those people in the funeral so I snuck out to see my then-boyfriend Christian.

I had spare keys to his house so I opened to find him having sex with this girl we were not close but we knew each other, that moment I didn't know what hurt more burying a part of me or being betrayed by someone I love... I shut down and after a few weeks, I came here with Zoe and never looked back.

So I'm here and I love it here(trying to convince myself), even though it's a bit lonely because Zo is married and well I'm single.