Chapter 6

I am falling in love with Mike and just as I finish in my office he walks by and asks how I am he said we will meet later because he's gonna be busy the whole day and it helped because my day was hectic as well.

I've been avoiding Zo because I don't like talking about Mike it seems like she doesn't like him, I understand but he's age doesn't really matter I mean I love this man and he treats me like a queen so honestly, I'm happy.

I miss my friend though, I miss her So much so I called her "pretty please come to my office"

"That was fast" she smiled

" I was around here"

We eat snacks and start laughing and talking again, I needed that we laughed about everything and even gossiped ....telling me how she found one of our resident making out in one of our break rooms ... we laughed and had so much fun

Till Mike walked in on us and her face changed

"Hi ladies" he brought us food and we sat there and ate in silence I thought Zoe would be uptight but she had fun, we spoke and even laughed ...

Zoe being a detective kept asking him a million questions which he answered I couldn't help but smirk at him and he winked at me, Zoe stood up and told us to enjoy but not too much which caused us to laugh and she left.

On our way home he asked if Zoe is okay and I lied and said she's happy for me because he makes me happy I had to come up with a lie because I didn't like mentioning our age difference .... we know about it obviously but it's not an issue...he's 40  and I am 28 it's really not bad.

We got home and by home I mean my house, Mike went to showers and Zoe called...oh God what is going to say now

"Yes Zo"

"okay maybe I judged him and maybe he's not that bad, but if he hurts you I swear I'll cut his balls off and feed them to my dog"

" I know you are not joking that's what scares me" we couldn't hold it in we laughed

"He's not that bad okay and I do want you to be happy" she sounded serious now

"Thanks, Zo, he really does make me happy"

"I can see that now"

Then we spoke a bit more and she hung up, when I got upstairs I found Mike sleeping so I took my clothes off and was left with my underwear only and slept next to him, I felt his hands gently touching my back I guess he wasn't sleeping after all...Yeap we didn't sleep...

He told me he loves me was it because of the heat or does he mean it, either way, I'm literally on cloud 9...