Chapter 12

It's almost a year dating Mike and finally my better half Zoe is coming back, her maternity leave is finally over I rush to the pastry shop to get her some cake and go back to her office and set everything up.

She gets in and I jump on her
"Wow maybe I should leave more often"

"Don't even think about it"

she laughed and we had cake and had time to catch up on all the gossip, she went back home with Adam and the baby and she updated me in everything that happened.

I mean her body looks amazing  ...where did Summer come from she looks so sexy Samuel is one lucky man ...

"Are you checking me out cause you know I'm married right" I laughed throwing cream on her

"I missed you so much Zo

" I missed you too, Samuel has been amazing with Summer and I had separation anxiety today, leaving her was hard"

"I can imagine" I hugged and tell her it's all gonna be okay

We walked down the hall laughing

" Mike has been distant Zo and I don't know why"

"Maybe it's work don't overthink"

I smiled and she went her way while I went my way too...

What a long day sitting down listening to some music ... I needed that moment when I'm stressed I honestly find peace in music ...I get a lot of work done and now I'm ready to go home but as I leave the nurses are acting extra weird today ...pointing me and talking about me giving me weird looks ... what the hell is going on

I keep walking to Zoe's office and I sat at her couch

"What's up you look like someone just stole your favorite donuts" I rolled my eyes

"Come on Megan I know you remember?"

I look away and ask

" why is everyone acting weird today they are looking at me talking about me"

"You are an amazing surgeon, young, sexy and those magic hands of yours, who wouldn't"

I smiled she always knew what to say to calm me down she had a bit of Mama Joyce in her that's what we called my mom she hated it ... she said it made her sound old which was confusing cause she was old ...

After an hour of the pep talk I was off to my office to fetch the rest of my stuff and found a note on my door "homewrecker" I looked around and saw nothing that are we in high school? Irritated took the paper and threw it in the bin taking my stuff and going to my car ...

It's been weeks since I've seen Mike honestly I don't know what's wrong him his still distant and I don't have the energy to deal with that so I've been busy...

I walked to my car and drove off to my house got everything done left a bit of a mess so I was cleaning everything up that note came to me ..what the hell did that note mean me homewrecker to who? Mike isn't married, right? who the hell are they talking about?

I finished with the little laundry and cleaning and went to sleep I didn't sleep that well because I couldn't stop thinking about the note that stupid note ...who is that homewrecker because it sure ain't me and again why did that person put it in my office .....I fell asleep while thinking...