fifteen.

It's kind of a short one
x

"I'll see you when the road decides it's time for our paths to cross again."

"Hey." Mel heard from her spot, she was perched on her window, her feet dangling to the outside. She looked up from her book and turned around coming face to face with Alec. She raised an eyebrow at him. "Hi?"

He paused, languidly sweeping a hand up and under his chin. "May I take you somewhere?"

"Where?"

"You'll see." He said a hint of a devilish grin in his eyes. After giving it some thought, Mel gave in and let him lead her out of the castle. They penetrated the forest and broke into a run.

"Here we are," Alec said when they arrived in front of a cliff. Mel hummed softly marching to the edge of the cliff and peered down at it suspiciously, "Why are we here?" She asked facing Alec who was now sitting on the ground.

He stayed silent, simply nodding at the precipice. Melione's eyes widened in realization, "Absolutely not, there is no way I'm doing that."

"Actually you are going to do it."

"And what makes you believe that?"

"Remember when you said that when you turn eighteen you will try to face your fear of heights?"

"One: I'm not eighteen you missed that more than a thousand years ago. Two: It's not my birthday." She said using her fingers to count.

"One: Better late than never. Two: It is your birthday."

"It's not." She retorted.

"You're born on June 20th which means today."

She reached into her pocket and pulled her phone out checking what day it was from its calendar. "You remember..."

"Of course I do." Alec was staring at her, and she could see the corners of his eyes crinkling. He sighed clapping his hands before getting up, "Come on now, we don't have all night."

"I'm still not doing it." She declared as he stood right in front of her.

"We'll see about that." He said, picking her up. Mel started screaming at him begging him to put her down. And as he arrived at the edge of the cliff she shouted, "Don't you dare throw me in there!"

He chuckled, a sound that made her undead heart flutter slightly. "Fine then. I won't throw you." And just like that, he jumped. Melione let out a loud cry of fear, and soon the two fell towards the deepest part of the pool. They shot out of the water together, his arm was wrapped around her waist and the other pressed against her lower back. As for her hands, they had found their way around his neck on the way down.

They stood like that in silence when Mel felt Alec's chest start to vibrate and suddenly he was laughing harder and harder. She let go of him and pushed him. "That wasn't funny." She muttered.

"Who would have thought Melione 'Cullen' the fearless vampire could scream like that." He said after his laughter died out.

She grumbled some incoherent threats before splashing him with water making him laugh even more. "Who would have thought Alec 'Volturi' was capable of laughing." She mocked him. They spent most of the night like that, jumping countless times from the cliff, teasing each other whenever they got the chance.