Tears for Fears

Jaden's POV

I heard several gun shots... I slowly made my way into the kitchen and that's when I saw them.

"MOMMY... DADDY!!!! NO," I tried to shake them awake, but it was no use. I grabbed their bloody hands and kissed them. "NO... NO They can't be..." I stepped backwards and fell to my knees. I sobbed. I felt so alone. How could they be gone? They weren't gone. They would wake up soon... They have to wake up soon. I can't lose them.

I felt something grab me and pull me backwards. I screamed out but they covered my mouth. They pulled me into the pantry.

I fought them but then I turned and saw that it was Raegen. He pulled me close to him and moved into the corner, behind four cases of water and Gatorade. "Rae..." I sobbed. He put his hand over my mouth again.

"Shhh... I know... I know... Shhh it's okay Jaden. Everything's gonna be alright. Just close your eyes and everything's gone. It's just you and me. We're in the meadow at Grandma's"

I nodded and closed my eyes. I listened to the peaceful sound of my nineteen year old brother's voice. He sounded just like Johnny Rzeznik, but it has this special kinda sound to it too.

And even though the moment passed me by
I still can't turn away
I saw the dreams you never thought you'd lose
Got tossed along the way
And letters that you never meant to send
Got lost or thrown away

Now we're grown up orphans
I never knew their names
We don't belong to no one
That's a shame
You could hide beside me
Maybe for a while
And I won't tell no one your name
I won't tell 'em your name

Scars are souvenirs you never lose
The past is never far
Did you lose yourself somewhere out there?
Did you get to be a star?
And don't it make you sad to know that life
Is more than who we are?

You grew up way too fast
And now there's nothing to believe
And reruns all become our history
A tired song keeps playing on a tired radio
And I won't tell no one your name
And I won't tell 'em your name

I won't tell em' your name
Oooh, oooh, oooh
I won't tell em' your name

I think about you all the time
But I don't need the same
It's lonely where you are
Come back down
And I won't tell 'em your name

Rae had my dad's talent when it came to music. Their voices both had the same ability to calm you down when you were upset. They made you forget all of your problems and just live. While he rocked me back and forth, he whispered in my ear, "Jaden... I am so proud of you and I love you so much," he began to sob, "you have been the best little sister ever and I am so happy that you are a part of my life. You have had my back through everything. You had my back when I told you. You made a promise to keep my secret and I'm so thankful that you kept it. You are such an amazing little girl Jaden, I couldn't ask for a better best friend. You're the reason I am who I am. I remember when I first held you when you were a baby... You were so small and perfect..." He took a deep breath and stroked my hair, "I was the happiest big brother on the earth... Some things don't change. I'm still the happiest, proudest and most loved older brother on this planet. I love you Jaden Isabella Dales. And don't you ever forget it."