Life on the Green Hills Kingdom

A/N: The King's name is King Maurice the hedgehog. The Queen's name is Queen Aleena the hedgehog. Just in case you're curious and also, characters are SEGA's. Also a huge thanks to my sibling Bluedrops_100 for making the cover they're a really good artist!

It was a beautiful day at the 'Green Hills' Kingdom. The sun is shining, kids were playing, nothing wrong can ever happen. Or that's what everyone thinks.

Sonics POV:
I was at my room getting ready for brunch, with my personal helper Blaze the royal assistant. Well, my royal assistant. You see? Each kingdom from ours out to the 'Scrap Brain' kingdom. Mines a purple cat with fire powers! "Your crown your highness" Blaze said handing me my crown. "Thanks!" I replied putting the crown and robe on.

Once I was ready I was about to run to the Royal Courtyard when Blaze clears her throat. Blaze is a purple cat with a light blue dress, yellow eyes, a red tie keeping some fur up, and blue and red boots. That's when I remembered that I was not allowed to run. You see? I was gifted with 'superspeed'. That's both rare and dangerous so I have to walk or lightly jog. If people outside the Castle knew I had 'superspeed' then I will most likely get captured or killed. That's why I don't reveal my speed. Walking to the courtyard wasn't too bad. A little slow but aside from that, it's really peaceful.

As I reach the courtyard, my mom was waiting at the entrance. "Greetings mother" I greeted. My mother was a purple hedgehog with a white draped dress, purple gloves, white heels, a white dress, and a small golden tiara. "Greetings son" she replied. It's a stupid royalty rule. I just want to be like the teens in the villages. They don't need to be so formal about stuff. When I reached the table I greeted my father. My dad is a royal blue hedgehog with light blue pants and shirt, a red royal cape that's fluffy along the edges, black shoes, and a golden big crown.
He greeted me back and we started eating. My dad had some sausages, my mom had oatmeal, and I had a hot bun.

"Son?" My dad called after we ate. "Yes, father?" I replied. "Can I talk to you about the future of our Kingdom?" He asked. "Of course" I replied. Except in reality I hate talking about this. Why can't we just go with the flow? See where life takes us instead of making plans like future marriage? Yuck. Especially the marriage part. I hate this. "So as you know you are the future king of Green Hills" father explained. I nodded pretending to be interested. "What are you thinking about any possible concerns aside from the Scrap Brain Kingdom?" My father asked. I just said what I always say when we are having this talk, "upgrade defenses if required and include it in history for every new School" I answered.

My father looked at me with some concerns about my plan. Again I must add. "What if they sneak a spy? Or they teach their future king more and better combat?" He asked. I sighed and respond, "I'll go to the captain right away if any of the Castle staff start to act suspicious, and I'll train harder while focusing on my studies at the same time as of now" I answered.

I absolutely hate this. My father nods and excuses me for any business I was doing before brunch. I just went back to my room and change back into my uniform. It was a light blue shirt with long sleeves, black pants with like seven buttons with, like, only one useful when wearing it. Reminds me of a pirate in a way. This wasn't originally my uniform but I convinced my parents to let me wear whatever I want. Blaze comes in asking if I'll need anything. I smiled and said, "not now Blaze but thank you". She nods and closes the door. I just went back to the books looking more into the 'Scrap Brains' victory battles. I really didn't want to read but it's part of my Royal duties as a prince.

Know your enemy's possible outcomes before it happens or something like that. I don't know. As I was reading a photo came out of the book. Strange thing was that I have never seen it before. As I picked it up I saw an old picture of a baby black and red hedgehog with a gray baby onesie. They seemed to be cute until I looked at the back of the photo. It read, 'Prince Shadow of Skull Brain Kingdom'. I, for one was surprised. Why was the prince of that Kingdom in my book? That's when I asked Blaze if she was busy with the assistant rope. The way it works is complicated but let's just say that certain tugs on the rope can call Blaze as it alerts her of either help or trouble. I obviously did help and 15min later Blaze knocked on my door.

I jumped off the bed and headed over to the door. When I opened it Blaze was smiling and asked if I require her assistance. I nod and tell her that I have some things to get cleared up a bit. She nods and then I handed her the book and picture. "I was wondering if you by chance know how this picture got in here and why," I asked hoping I didn't insult Blaze in any way.

Blaze nods and we sat on the edge of my bed. "That's Shadow Hedgehog Dark" Blaze responds. "He's the future king of 'Skull Brain Kingdom'. Also known as your current enemy until this rivalry blows over" Blaze explains. "So he is the prince of a Kingdom that wants to harm our Kingdom?" I asked. Blaze nods, "currently yes". "Wow" I said. Blaze giggles a bit seeing my surprised expression. "Don't worry your highness, it's just something you'll need to be prepared for" Blaze said. "If you say so," I said. Blaze leaves and I read the book. Can I use this to our advantage then? I questioned looking at the photo again. Now that I know what he looks like then maybe if we go into battle then I will know who he is right away and not need to struggle to look or something. I reached a point where the rest of the pages were torn out. From the looks of it, someone didn't want whoever was reading the book to know how we got into this.

On the bright side, it left a crimson red necklace. The necklace was a spiky ball shape and where the rope to help wear it was black. Me being, curious I put on the necklace and, all it was is a weird addition to my uniform. I'm not really sure about how the black and crimson red clashes with my royal blue uniform.

I'll find out what to do about it later but for now, it's time for combat practice.