Life on Scrap Brain Kingdom

A/N: Here the King is, King Mephilies the dark and the Queen is Queen Solaris the hedgehog (yes I'm aware he's not a hedgehog).

It was an ordinary day at the 'Scrap Brain' Kingdom and Prince Shadow was training.

Shadows POV:
I have been told my whole life, that my purpose was not only to be the future king of 'Scrap Brain' but also to conquer 'Green Hills'.  I honestly never understood the second part of my destiny but for now, I'll just keep on going. So that my father might be proud for once.

You see? My father only wants me to train and train. I do it so that he'll be proud of me but he never notices me. My mother on the other hand always has time for me but I didn't want to bug her with something as small as a higher achievement at combat practice. I took down a dummy with a roundhouse kick when I heard clapping behind me. It was my personal assistant, Rouge the bat. She was wearing her usual outfit. Red and black sleeveless suit. The red is on the heart at her chest, and she also has white gloves and boots that have red on the top edge of the boots. "Well done your highness" Rouge spoke. "That was better than yesterday" she compliments. "Thanks" I responded.

"Your parents want to see you for lunch," Rouge said. I nodded and make my way to the Royal Dining Room. "Mother. Father" I greeted. My mother is a dark blue hedgehog with orange eyes, wearing a long dark gray dress, clear gloves, and gray heels. My father is a black hedgehog with gray patterns on his quills and wears a crimson red shirt and pants, dark purple cape that has lavender fluff along the edges, gray rocket boots, and a golden crown on his head. My mother waves at me and my father stares at me. I sat in front of a plate of spaghetti and meatballs, my mother was eating a hot cross bun as is my father. I usually don't need to go to lunch because of my training so when the bat said that my parents wanted me here, I knew something wasn't right.

"Son? As you know we need to talk to you about something very important" father said. "That is?" I questioned. "The future of our Kingdom," he said. "What?" I asked. My father sighed almost looking annoyed. "We want to know what you'll do with that pesky 'Green Hills' after conquer," he said simply. I shrugged, "I don't know. I guess I can have more hospitals and cities there". "Not good enough," father said. That's when I know what he's going to answer. A slave station, army train camps, and probably some factories. I don't like those things if I'm being honest. A slave station? Everyone deserves to be free. Army training camps? We already have a bazillion of those. Factories just pollute the place. Not good for all the natural stuff and I don't want to look bad.

"Include a torment hall" father said. My mother gasped in fear and surprise. I just stared at him showing my answer crystal clear. "Look, I know you don't want anything like that but we need a place to keep the Royal family of 'Green Hills' Kingdom". I was very disappointed, "No". "What?" Father spoke. "No, I'm not adding that, I'll just keep the remaining soldiers in a dungeon or something," I said. "And their prince?" My father asked. "A different dungeon that's darker and deeper watched over 24/7 or something" I responded. My mother nodded agreeing with my plan. "Sounds good," my mother said. I felt proud for a second until my father did it again. "How much deeper?" He asked. "I don't know. 2yrds?" I answered. "Looks like you need to study more" father said. Thing is that I didn't have time to study since I was training most of the time. "Of course," I said.

After lunch, I got in my room and did what my father wanted me to do. So I go back to my day-to-day uniform, a crimson red shirt, and pants along with a hot black cape. I even wore my dumb crown. The crown was gold with green emerald shards on the outside. I hate it and I don't want any of these royal duties. It's important but I'm not someone who should do it. I headed to the Castle Library where I was doing all my studies. Once there I took books about our history and best attack methods. I continued reading and taking notes until this one book came to my interest. I was unable to reach it though since it was too high, so I called Rouge to lend me a hand since we have no other way to get to that high of a shelf.

That's dumb if you ask me but Rouge eventually came and gets the book for me. I thank her and sit down at one of the tables. I also excuse Rouge as she goes back to whatever she was doing. I started it until I reached a page of a king, queen, and a baby blue hedgehog. I'm guessing it was part of their family and I was right. On the back of the page was a note saying: Prince 'Sonic Maurice Hedgehog'. Looks more like a blue faker to me, at least until I read of 'Green Hills'. That explains some questions I have.

I figured my parents won't share any information so I took the book and prepare to go back to my room. When I got to my room I looked into the book and found a royal blue necklace. It was royal blue with a white rope tied to it helping with the necklace part. The design was a spiky ball. It actually looked pretty good so I closed the book and put the necklace on. It was an interesting addition to my uniform but that's cool.

I kept on reading and the 'Green Hills' Kingdom doesn't sound as bad as my father explained it. He was right about some being poor and a few crimes getting away but other than that it's a nice Kingdom. I don't really want to conquer it now, they seemed to be doing a better job than us. According to the pictures, everyone seems happy and no crimes were committed. Now I wonder why my father told me that.

It's not as bad as he said it was. Now to find out who is right. The book or my father?