The War!?

~Skull Brain Kingdom  -/--/20 --:-- ~

"Stupid Green Hills. Stupid Maurice. This prophecy is going to undo everything I did to my son. Shadow is going to learn happiness and joy. I don't want that. I want Shadow to help me take over the world. That's not going to happen unless" King Mephilies said with an evil grin.

Queen Solaris was worried. She knows better than anyone that the grin means something bad is going to happen. The royal messenger, Jet rushed into the throne room. Jet is a green hawk, with sky blue eyes, white gloves with a hint of red and black, red and black boots, and dark grey pants and polo. "Your majesty. You called?" Jet asked trying to look professional. "Why yes. Deliver this to my old friend Maurice. Could you?" King Mephilies asked. "Of course" Jet said and takes the scroll in Mephilies hand.

Jet gets to the Courtyard and grabs a green hoverboard (same as the one from 'Sonic Riders'). Jet takes off to the 'Green Hills' Castle. Once Jet landed the guards stops him from going forward. Jet holds out the scroll and a purple swallow comes out a few minutes later. The swallow was purple with a fade blue hat, top, and a light blue pants with yellow flame. She takes the scroll and Jet heads back to his home.

The swallow takes her purple and white hoverboard, escorting herself to the Throne room. Once there she gets off and runs to the king. "Your majesty? A message from 'Scrap Brain'" Wave said when she is in front of the steps to the throne. Queen Aleena peeks her head through the doorway and tries to listen in. King Maurice puts down the scroll on his lap and slowly shakes his head.

"Level up defenses and have my son a Royal escort to training and back when needed. Prepare an army in case of early attacks" King Maurice ordered quietly. Wave nods, bows and rushes to send the message throughout the Castle. "Something wrong hon?" Queen Aleena asked walking into the throne room. "They declared war. Mephilies is probably mad at the prophecy or taking advantage or something" King Jules explained concerned. Aleena nods and looks towards the now closed doors.

'I hope Sonics okay' Queen Aleena thought. She sighs and sits next to Jules. Jules sees this and takes Aleena's hand. "Don't worry, we'll get this over with and I'm sure Sonic is okay if that's what you're worried of" Jules comforts. Aleena nods and looks at Jules eyes.

A/N: I felt like we were still on the easy side so I decided to add a little suspense. What is better suspense than a war over a greedy King? Alright I'll get back to writing and see you in the next chapter 😈.