Another Day

Silvers POV: I just got word that the two Kingdoms are at war. No doubt that Mephilies is the one who started it. It's another day for the chosen ones to train again if that's in their new schedule.

I just hope Prince Sonic and Prince Shadow can learn combat and how to use their powers in time. Yes, there is a time limit. Alright then, let's see how things are doing at the Kingdoms. So I took a crystal shard from behind my throne and yeah, there's a battle going on. No doubt that it was Mephilies. He's probably mad about the prophecy or the fact that Shadow has to work with Sonic, I sighed.

That's when Maria came in. "Are you alright master?" she asked. I simply sighed and responded with, "Mephilies declared war on Green Hill" I sighed. "Oh" Maria said and walked up to my throne. "What should we do?" she asked. "I don't know Maria. I don't think we should tell the princes just yet. It might distract or hurt them" Silver sighed. "Okay" Maria responded and stand there silently pondering with Silver.

Sonics POV:
Today is going to be an amazing day. Apparently, today is when we learn to control our new powers. Chaos, Spin dash, and all of the other powers. I know there's more because the book said, etc. It's going to be so fun!

'etc.?' I heard. Yes! I wonder what we'll learn first? I hope it's the Spin dash. 'It would definitely be something' I heard. We finished breakfast and we're preparing for the lessons. I still can't believe what's happening today. Now I'll know what the power thing was.

Shadows POV:
Seems like Sonics excited. Me on the other hand, I just don't know if we can control it. Especially if we're on a time limit or something. I heard something about a Spin dash. Wonder what that is. Sounds like we're spinning and dashing but that may not be the case.

I came out with a new attire. It's rocket boots, white, red and black gloves, and some type of golden bracelets. Not bad but at least I can keep on the Controller. I looked back and see Sonic. He wore, red and white sneakers, white gloves, and the Controller. He looks handsome. Wait. What!? Why!? Why!?

Sonics POV:
'He looks handsome' I heard. Now I'm just confused but I'll ignore it for now. Shadow seems to be wearing more. The girls came up to us in their new attire. Blaze seems the same. Only difference is that the blue is replaced with a purple. Other than that it doesn't seem much.

Shadows POV:
I looked at the girls and Rouge looks different. She was wearing what seems like what she normally wears but the red heart is now pink, and most of the red is now pink. The white stayed the same. Not much of a change but still surprising in a way.

Knuckles and Maria came in and we lined up. "So today is controlling your new powers. We don't expect you to get it today so just take your time and good luck with it" Knuckles said then takes a shield sitting against the wall. "Now we'll go one by one starting with Sonic" Maria said and Sonic stepped up.

Third Person POV:
Knuckles pressed a button and a dummy came up. "Now Sonic? Tuck your head in crouching" Maria instructed. Sonic did that. "Good" Maria said. "Now push yourself forward" Maria continued. Sonic started spinning like a ball and near miss the target meeting the wall instead.

"Ow. Well, that didn't work out too well" Sonic said, getting up with Maria's help. "Sorry, should've warned you about the control" Maria apologized. "Don't sweat it. It's just a first time fail. Who doesn't do it?" Sonic said. Maria nodded and they walked back to the group.

"Shadow? You want to give it a go?" Knuckles asked. Shadow nods and does the same thing Sonic does. Instead he hit the target but it didn't do much. "Not bad. Maybe some more power next time" Maria said. Shadow nods and stretches.

~3 hours later~
"I think I got it!" Sonic exclaimed perfecting a homing attack. "Excellent!" Knuckles said clapping and walking to Sonic. "Thanks. How's everyone else doing?" Sonic asked curious. "Well Shadow used perfect aim on his 'Chaos Spears', Blaze learned the first few steps of pyrokinesis, and Rouge just did a tornado kick" Knuckles said.

Right on time Rouge did a double high five with Sonic saying, "nice job Big Blue". "Thanks Rouge" Sonic replied. While Sonic and Rouge talked Shadow was helping Blaze. "So... Something you want to talk about?" Blaze asked. "What about?" Shadow asked. "You and his highness" Blaze said. Shadow starts blushing. "What about him?" I asked. "You and him. You should confess those feelings Prince Shadow" Blaze said and smirks. How did she know!?

"H-how did-?" I stuttered until she pointed towards Rouge. Rouge. Should've figured that she was behind it. Wait. Does that mean she's telling him!? I saw Sonic slightly blushed but it could either be my feelings or Rouge isn't telling him at all. That's when I heard, 'Oh please oh please don't tell him. Not now or like a friend coming over saying hey this guy has feeling for you, he might not even like me back anyway'.

I knew I had to think about something and let him know. If my prediction of the voice being Sonic was correct. 'I am Prince Shadow of Scrap Brain and I declare feelings for Prince Sonic of Green Hills' I thought hoping I was right. Sonic looked at me blushing and I gave a genuine smile nodding yes. 'Then let's talk more tonight' I heard. Assuming that it's Sonic I respond in my head with, 'okay'.

Sonics POV:
Dinner was great. It's chili dogs and Shadow and Rouge apparently never heard or seen them before because they asked what it was. Chili dogs are one of my most favorites so this was a win-win for me.

I don't know why but I started thinking about the prophecy. Run and Skate are names of Kingdom guardians. Our necklaces has a small bit of them. I just don't understand what we can do about it. Sure, we have new abilities and that but- where does it all go to and how can we make sure it doesn't happen again? I just don't understand. I want to but I really don't know how. If it does happen again then Shadow and I might not get a happy ending after all.

'Don't think that' I heard. Right. I forgot about this ability but if the prophecy can't be fulfilled. 'We can do it. Just believe in yourself, your team, and we can do it. Whether our parents like it or not' I heard. Yeah, he's right. We just need to believe in ourselves after all. Nothing can stop us, not even anything bad. 'How would you know if you accidentally jinxed it?' I heard. Then screw me, we all can and will do it all. 'Alright then Mr. Confident on everything that has ever happened' I heard. I couldn't help but chuckle on that.

It's midnight and Shadow and I went to one of the rooms that has virtual reality. What's on now is a cliff above a forest in an endless sundown. "It's beautiful in here" I said. "Not as much as you" Shadow said and we sit on the edge of the VR cliff. "You really like me?" I asked. "More than everything I have ever known. After all, your fur is as beautiful as the ocean, your eyes shine as bright as gems, and you are the love of my life" Shadow compliments.

I was surprised and happy. "Th-thank you Sh-shadow" was all I could say. "I have a question" Shadow said. "Fire away" I responded. "If it's alright with you then. Can you? Um... be my boyfriend?" He asked. I couldn't contain my excitement and leaped on him. "Yes!!" I shouted. We kissed. For a while.

💙🖤💙🖤💙🖤💙🖤💙🖤💙🖤