The Fox and the Sparrow

Kureno Sohma stares at me like I'm some kind of freak of nature from across the table. This is the first time I've officially met him. Although I have seen him around the Main House, the past times I've come. But, this is the first time I've been here for a meal, so now is when I'm actually meeting him.

"And you trust this girl why?" Kureno asks Akito.

"Because I do, Kureno. Gosh, can't I have my reasons?" Akito sniffs, pulling another tissue out. She caught a cold a day ago, and has been stuck inside. So I came to cheer her up.

"Yeah, you can...." His left eye twitches.

"Do you have a problem with me? It's not like I'm doing anything wrong." I shrug. 

"No. It's just. You remind me of a fox." It's like a light switch, something lights up. It seems like a name for me. Just the other day, Shigure told me how cunning I was. 

"Fine. I don't care if you don't trust me. Everyone else does."I lean against the table, smirking.

"I'm sure they do."

"Keruno, she's not your enemy. So don't act like it." Akito sighs. 

"I don't mind him acting like this to me, Akito. Let him hate me if he wants to."

"I don't hate the fox. I just, see knows about the Zodiac, she's constantly around you. And, she's not even a SOHMA! It just, it seems a little ridiculous!" Keruno spurts. 

"That's very understandable. I barely believe it myself. Yet here we are." Dude, chill! I'm not asking you to go on a date with me or anything. I just want you to be cool with me being around. 

"Is it because she's a fox, and you're a sparrow. So she could eat you?" Akito asks.

Keruno's face burns red and he quickly looks away. "No! That's not it!"

"Then what is it?" Akito sniffs again.

"It's, it's nothing important, okay? Just don't say anything like that again."

"You were the one who came up with the nickname."

"You gotta keep calling me that now, Keruno." I smirk.

'You know, you didn't have to ride home with me, Kureno

'You know, you didn't have to ride home with me, Kureno.' I say, breaking the silence in the Sohma family car.

'I know. But it would have been rude for me not to make sure you get home safely.' He clenches his jaw.

'Am I really that suspicious looking to you, Keruno?' I ask.

'No. Your not. I... I was just giving you a hard time.'

'You don't have to lie to me. If I really do remind you of a fox, you don't have to hide it.' I pull my legs up onto the seat, and curl up in a ball. 

'No. I'm telling you the truth. I was giving you a hard time. It's just, I'm a member of the Zodiac, right? And it took me years of hard work and trust built over time for me to gain her trust. And here you are, you've only known her for a month...'

'Three months actually.' I cut off.

'Three months, and she acts like you're her sister. So, you can see why I'm frustrated.' He waves his hands around.

'Waving your hands around like that makes you look for like a rooster, than a sparrow.' I snicker. 

'Okay, Fox.' He smirks. 

It seems like it's been such a little amount of time since I've started on my plan, but it seems like so much as happened. I've met all of the older members of the Zodiac. But not the younger ones. I've managed to get close to Akito. And I keep working on getting close to the members of the Zodiac I have met. But I still have more to do. I still have to fight though, to insure that none of the things that happened in the manga, can happen here in this world. I must fight. For the sake of the future.