Chapter 31

Amelia

Why am I even here?

"Come on Amelia, get out of the car." He said while extending his hand towards me.

"But why? I'm very comfortable in the car, you know." I retorted hesitantly.

We were now in front of Jace's house, and I was fucking terrified.

Just the sight of the white fence encircling the beautiful two story house, and the huge amount of drunk college kids was enough to make me nervous.

Ames no like people.

He chuckled at my response, and leaned on the car next to him waiting for me to get up.

"I can wait as long as you want, you know." He answered amusingly.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

I'm a fighter for goddamn sake. I could practically beat anyone's ass if I wanted to, I'm a bad bitch.

And I'm not going to let a stupid party get in my way.

So, with this new found burst of confidence in me, I quickly got out of the car, fixed my dress and said. "Fuck it. I'm gonna go enjoy my first college party!"

He put his hand on my lower back, and started leading us towards the entrance. "Aw, that's my girl. I can't believe it's going to be your first party. You're adorable."

"Hey! I'm not adorable. I'm a badass." I said accusingly.

"Sure you are baby. God, it's so cute."

Dear lord, this boy was looking for a good old punch.

And bingo! He found it.

"Fuck! I forgot you could punch. That was uncalled for Amelia."

We were in the middle of the stairs, and he stopped because of the shock. I took it in my advantage as I climbed two more steps to appear more intimidating. I pointed a menacing finger at him and said.

"Listen you stupid boy, I went really easy on you with this hit. I am neither adorable or cute. So if you dare call me anything of the sort one more time, I swear to god you'll really regret it. Understood?"

I saw something twinkle in his eyes as he bit his lip while looking at me. He looked really attractive, but he just had to ruin it by saying "Shit, you're so hot when you're mad cupcake. I really have to piss you off more often." He whispered, sealing it immediately with a peck to my lips.

He really knows how to mess with my head. Good thing he couldn't see my raging blush.

Despite that, I intertwined our fingers together, making him look down at the action, but I chose to ignore it as I got us inside.

We were now in what I guessed was the living room, and it was filled to the brim with crazy drunk people.

Some were smoking in a corner, others made out, while the rest were dancing, using un-godly moves to the deafening music.

And I'm not even talking about the disgusting smell of sweat and drugs mixed together. This reminded me a lot of the backstage room at The Skull.

How do people enjoy this ?

Feeling an overwhelming sense coming to me, I held Jace's hand tighter and repeated to myself. Everything's going to be okay, you can defend yourself in case something happens. Plus Jacey is here, so nothing can hurt me.

I know I'm being dramatic, but I'm really not a social person, and this is so new to me.

But if it made Jace happy, I'm sure I can chill a bit and enjoy this experience at least once.